Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Where did David work?

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.

Postby gsliva » Sun May 13, 2007 7:50 pm

Glenn,

Ok, I just wondered if you worked for MMS. I work at the MMS office in Denver. But we have an office in Houston too, and our agency employs quite a few petroleum engineers.

I see you got me mixed up with Bill Middlebrook, the administrator of 14ers.com. But I saw your subsequent message. No problem - it definitely WAS a compliment! This site ROCKS - there is a tremendous amount of knowledge and some good climbing friends here.

I think those guys on Hood are toast!

Thanks for the compliments on my profile peak list. Now I am concentrating on western U.S. highpoints. Next summer two friends and I are doing Kings Peak, UT, Rainier, WA and Hood, OR. I hope to also get around to doing Borah Peak, ID and Granite Peak, MT in August, but we will see. Other than that, I have a few more interesting Colorado peaks to do this winter and next summer.

Nice to meet you!
David

David and I had this exchange last December during the Mount Hood climbing event.
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.

Postby Julie M » Sun May 13, 2007 8:00 pm

David worked for the Department of the Interior, Minerals Management Service.

I am a work colleague. I just posted a reply to the thread "In Memoriam - TalusMonkey, you will be missed".

Postby Aspen Summit » Sun May 13, 2007 8:16 pm

I keep missing him :cry: Only the good dies young!

Knight
Follow Your Path! Cross ALL Boundaries!! AND RIDE THE EARTH, BABY!!!

David

Postby lake » Wed May 16, 2007 9:46 am

David worked in Financial Management Division, Accounting Services, General Ledger for MRM of MMS. I am his supervisor. His cube is still untouched. I will not take it down for another week or so. If you would like to come by, it is in bldg 85, cube a42. Or you can come and find me and I will show it to you.
Lake

Postby gurlyclimber » Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Lake. I work just down the road from where you guys are. Would there be any problems getting through the gate? Do I need to be vouched on if I come by? Thanks Lake. I'm sure it's tough in your area right now.
There are some trips you never fully come back from.

Postby Aspen Summit » Wed May 16, 2007 2:16 pm

It's so nice of you Lake...totally nice :D

*sighs* I miss the Monkey 8)
Knight
Follow Your Path! Cross ALL Boundaries!! AND RIDE THE EARTH, BABY!!!

Postby lake » Wed May 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Hi Gurlyclimber,
You should be able to get thru the gate by just showing your drivers lic. At bldg 85, the guard will stop you and you must be signed in. Just say you are here to see me, and he will call me. I can then sign you in. I will be out tomorrow, Thursday, 5-17 after 9 AM. But any other time would be fine.
Lake

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 pm

I just added a slideshow of photos sent to me from one of David's co-workers at the Minerals Management Service. It can be found as a link on David's memorial page.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby USAKeller » Wed May 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Thanks Bill!!

Lake, if it was you who sent the pictures, they are great- thank you!
How long after arriving at someone's house is it appropriate to ask for the WiFi password?