Talus Monkey Memorial, Saturday, 2-5

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
OBX Fisherman
Trip Reports (0)

Talus Monkey Memorial, Saturday, 2-5

Post by OBX Fisherman »

We have planned a memorial service for David this Saturday. This will be held at Horan & McCononaty Funeral Home, 3101 South Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood Co. 80227. Saturday May 12th, from 2 to 5 pm. This is a celebration of David's life. Friends are invited to stop by anytime from 2 to 5. David's mother and I hope to meet many of David's 14er friends.

Thanks

Gary
88 XJ, 2 door, RE 4.5" lift + LA, 33" Swamper LTB, Hurculined, Caged, locked.
62 CJ-5 in process of restification.
92 4Runner, POS DD
85 yota truck, doner vehicle
Ryan
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Ryan »

My thought are with the family.....
Kiefer
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kiefer »

Saturday, huh...bad day.
My sister (and parents) would kill me if I canceled out on her graduation. :x
wasclywabbit
14ers: 33  3 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by wasclywabbit »

Gary,

THank you for letting us know about the memorial. I never met David in person but I sure have laughed at his adventures.

I have to work Saturday but I think I can get out early and stop by for a bit.

My condolences to both David's family and you for your loss.

John
spartanmax
Trip Reports (0)

Post by spartanmax »

My condolences to all, especially David's mother on what will be a difficult Mother's Day weekend.

I, unfortunately, am unable to attend as I will be out of town, but I will be thinking of everyone.
Charla aka Chulabelle
14ers: 13 
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Charla aka Chulabelle »

Thank you for letting all of us know. I agree with Spartanmax, a sad Mother's Day for sure. I have a job to do but I am going to take some time to stop by.
Gone missing in the shrewd, sharp moon
Full and too soon
Was my fickle doom
As I crawled among its hungry womb
Charla Stilling
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Thank you, Gary. I look forward to meeting you and more of David's friends as well.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

I got your message Gary. Thanks for arranging that. Myself and my family will be there. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

I'll be posting mine and David's trip report of Humboldt in a few minutes...
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

I too have a graduation at CSU saturday, too bad, but I definately send my regards to the Worthington family......
Kate
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kate »

Gary,

Thanks for the update. Although I've only been around you for a brief time, I can tell that you are one of the best friends a person could ask for. I imagine you've had a very busy day and want to say thanks. Your tasks and challenges (as I'm sure they were!) today must not have been easy.

Thanks for being such a great friend to everyone. Words can't express my gratitude.

Kate
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

The services info (with a link to driving directions) is now on the top-right of David's Tribute Page.
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
Tigerbear
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 87
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tigerbear »

I will be there in spirit. Coloradians are like no other people on this planet!
people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel...