Talus Monkey's Dad

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
luoweixing
Trip Reports (0)

Talus Monkey's Dad

Post by luoweixing »

I am David"s Dad. I want to express my heartfelt appreciation for the outpouring of love you have shown for my dear son. He has left the building for now, but is at peace. He will always be alive in my heart. Due to health reasons, I am unable to get to Colorado, but am thankful for all you have done.
-----James D. Robinson
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Post by USAKeller »

James,
I emailed you my phone number to tell you everything that happened- did you receive my email?

Caroline
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

James,
We are so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you have noticed that David was a popular guy around here and liked by many. It was always a joy to read his climbing reports, see his photos, and hear stories about him from his climbing partners. He will be missed by many.

Bill Middlebrook
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

James

my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family. David touched the lives of so many people for the better. David lived his life to the fullest every single day and has inspired me to do the same. We will all truly miss him :(
wasclywabbit
14ers: 33  3 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by wasclywabbit »

James,

I never met your son but his humor always brightened my day and his passion for the outdoors helped me keep my own fire burning.

As devestating as the loss is to all of us it must be nearly unbearable to you. My heartfelt condolences to you.

He was a great man and will be missed.
MtHurd
14ers: 57  4 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MtHurd »

My condolences to you and your family.
Tigerbear
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 87
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tigerbear »

James,

May God heal your heart and bring you peace. I have never met your son, but I also know his spirit through this web page. I'll never forget his last 14er , I believe is was Elbert. His puple outfit desribes his beautiful soul.
He will always be with us. I bet he is smiling in awe of all the friends he has, but just has never met yet ...... :) we are all connected ...
people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel...
CODave
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 61 1
Trip Reports (31)

Post by CODave »

James,

Condolences to you and your family for the loss of David.

Dave
paully
14ers: 56 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (1)

Post by paully »

James,

I am sorry for the loss of your son. Like many others, I never met David but felt I knew him through the conversations, stories, and wildly entertaining antics on this site. David was also very helpful to me in providing sound advice and detailed route descriptions for several of my outings. My limited impression of him was of a fun-loving, live life to its fullest, do anything for your friends type of guy. The positive impact that David has had on so many of the people here in Colorado and abroad has become evident over the past few days. I offer my heartfelt condolensces to you and the rest of David's family and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
highaltmama
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by highaltmama »

I am so sorry for your loss. We are all at a loss here with him gone. He brought so much humor and skill to the website and taught me so much, and as so many have said, I never even knew him personally.

God Bless you and the family. He is missed.
Joe32
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Joe32 »

Whatever you did to raise your son you did it right, one day I hope my son can make me as proud as yours has made you and you should be very proud of him. He was more than a friend to us all, he was our guide.

God bless him and your family.
gsliva
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gsliva »

I'm sorry as well. You must have many stories to add and I hope after some time has passed you could share some of them. Your son was a Man in all senses of the word. What a guy and I promise you that he will never be forgotten.

Glenn Sliva
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.