14:14 Talus Monkey toast TODAY

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
rlynn
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by rlynn »

USAKeller, sorry you missed us, we were up top at 2:14. TK and JimR, it was nice meeting you, although unfortunate circumstances.
-Ryan
Dave
14ers: 32 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Dave »

rlynn2205 wrote:USAKeller, sorry you missed us, we were up top at 2:14. TK and JimR, it was nice meeting you, although unfortunate circumstances.
I decided to skip out on work for a few minutes (I wasn't getting anything done anyway because I was too worried about this) and met USAKeller at the trailhead around 2:14. I didn't know what else to do so I just went and gave her a hug.

Caroline, if you're reading this I'm very impressed with the grace and strengh you've carried yourself with during these last few days.
gsliva
Trip Reports (0)

Post by gsliva »

Spec's in Houston didn't have Colt 45 so I bought a nice bottle of Cabernet. David here's to you! My glass is raised.

Glenn Sliva
Live for the Climb and the search for commitment.
rlynn
14ers: 10 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by rlynn »

Dave wrote:
rlynn2205 wrote:USAKeller, sorry you missed us, we were up top at 2:14. TK and JimR, it was nice meeting you, although unfortunate circumstances.
I decided to skip out on work for a few minutes (I wasn't getting anything done anyway because I was too worried about this) and met USAKeller at the trailhead around 2:14. I didn't know what else to do so I just went and gave her a hug.

Caroline, if you're reading this I'm very impressed with the grace and strengh you've carried yourself with during these last few days.
Dave, I'm glad you were able to be there for her. If I had known she was going to be there, I probably would have stayed at the TH. I ditto his ending sentiments. If only we were all as strong as you, you are quite inspiring.
-Ryan
TK
14ers: 17 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TK »

Good to meet both of you guys on the top.

Caroline-

Sorry we missed you. I was already out to lunch and on my way to the trailhead by the time you posted. I will be in and out of Boulder all week if you need a break to get some coffee or something, let me know.
"If you're not sure where you are, but you haven't taken the time to stop and look at the map, you're not lost, just lazy." -Darran Wells
danny bray
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by danny bray »

I raise my glass to TM.
Erroneous
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Erroneous »

I am going to go get a Colt45 right now, a little late i know but it's the thought that counts and my thoughts go out to everybody he touched.
YorkyNige
14ers: 6  1 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by YorkyNige »

We don't have Colt45 here in little ol' England (is that a good or a bad thing?) and I know I'm a little late, but I pulled an Everards Original Ale out of the fridge to make a belated toast...

Cheers!
Mel McKinney
14ers: 29 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mel McKinney »

I plan on having either a shot of Captain or a few Capt & Cokes this evening at the Gore Range Brewery in Edwards, CO. I told some of my friends yesterday about Talus Monkey when I heard the news. They had never heard of him before but liked the photos and stories and agreed to join in. Just seems fitting to have a little Captain. : =P~

Take care everyone!
Cptkahuna
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Cptkahuna »

I took an hour of vacation time so that I could "raise a Captain and Coke' to Talus Monkey at 1514 (CST). Rest in Peace. You will be missed.
People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellom!