Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

TR: Cerro Aconcagua 22,840

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA.

Postby Spam » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:28 pm

Jordan, great report and great pictures. I am extremely envious. Also kudos for the trash haul out!

Erroneous, I agree with not litering in the mountains, but, the disc is a bit differant. A signed disc launched from the summit is no differant than leaving dolls, trinkets, flags, scarves or anything else that is left on top of any high peak. And given the fact it is JC, there aren't any other (if there are I don't know and forgive me) that deserve to huck a disc off off Aconcagua than JC. God bless the kid that he was even has the chance to be on top of that mountain after all he has been through!

Namaste
Last edited by Spam on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Getting to the top is optional, getting down is mandatory." -- Ed Viesturs

Postby Bodacious » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Agreed. JC you're alright in my book.
"To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live."
- Tenzing Norgay

Postby Beaker » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Thanks, next time and anybody else out there please don't litter on my mountain.

"My Mountain"?!?!? Give me a break Erroneous, why are we focusing on one Frisbee when like he said they chucked 100lbs of trash off the mountain - Hey AWESOME JOB J.C.!!!
You have a cough? Eat a whole box of Ex-Lax tonite, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

Postby Beaker » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:31 pm

I should re-state.
After reading my last post....they didn't chuck the trash off the carried it off and disposed of it as it should have been before them!
You have a cough? Eat a whole box of Ex-Lax tonite, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.

Postby ascent+descent=fun » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:08 am

Jcwhite wrote:175 gram disc with everyones names signed on it flying into oblivion.

well im glad to hear it was regulation, just tell me it was discraft, because a whammo should never deserve the honor of such a valliant flight, a disc's true dream. I am sure it would have made for quite the pull. :lol:

Postby Jcwhite » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Would i throw anything different? Discraft all the way!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW! WHAT A RIDE."- Hunter S Thompson

Previous