Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Looking to bag my first.

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.

Postby guitmo223 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:42 pm

I would consider face protection - a ski mask or a fleece hood. It can get pretty windy. I was up there in December and two people in our party had to turn back because of frostbite danger to the face. Also, my camelback froze and I did most of the hike without water, so consider a Nalgene or two.
"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred it be postponed" - Sir Winston Churchill

Postby CLG » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:43 pm

I would consider face protection - a ski mask or a fleece hood. It can get pretty windy. I was up there in December and two people in our party had to turn back because of frostbite danger to the face. Also, my camelback froze and I did most of the hike without water, so consider a Nalgene or two.

I guess my previous post was vague.

I climbed Quandry on Saturday with a guy from these boards.....dswick. Nice guy .....knows alot about 14'ers, good chinese food and stretching :D

"Consider it bagged " was meant to be factual not " Optimistic "....sorry for the confusion.

:lol:

Thanks for everyone's help , we had a great time and the falling snow, the near zero visibility at the summit, and the wind only added to the excitement of this new adventure.

Thanks again and cheers ( *raises glass of ice water*),

CLG

Postby drodriguez » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 pm

You might take a look at conditions on Grays and Torreys. Snow shoes will probably be helpful, but do-able. Take a look.
Runnin' down a dream that never would come to me...

Previous