Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

STOLEN: DPS Wailers w/ Dynafit Radical FT12s

Post lost and found items here.

STOLEN: DPS Wailers w/ Dynafit Radical FT12s

Postby Cubby23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:13 pm

My beautiful skis, despite having shot bases, were sadly stolen on wednesday at approx 12:30 from the base of peak 9 at beaver run at Breck. I was keeping an eye on them while eating lunch because I do know better, went to the bathroom quick and they're gone. Pretty ballsy move to steal them in front a camera. I'm sure they are mainly looking for the binding, that are still worth $599 new. Any info would be great. This guy has some bad karma in the backcountry under his feet.

They are DPS Wailers RP112 190s w/ 2013 dynafit radical FT12s. Main distinguishing feature is significant base damage.

Re: STOLEN: DPS Wailers w/ Dynafit Radical FT12s

Postby jrs1965 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Do you have a picture? Not a very common ski, they might turn up at a local used gear shop or Craigslist. Will keep an eye out...

Postby Cubby23 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks buddy. Have been checking CL and have contacted several second hand stores. Also filled out a form with security thats been brought to the police.

Postby EatinHardtack » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:54 am

There's a special place in hell for people like this. Hope you get your setup back, that's a sweet rig.

Postby Bean » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 am

That really sucks. Pure or hybrid?
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby skiwall » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Wow, that's awful. That's my dream set up.

I'll keep my eyes open in northern NM.
"A good woman knows her place is in the backcountry." - PW '08

Postby MatB » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Tough break, hopefully the scumbag who grabbed them has karma catch up to him. My buddy just got his setup stolen on Friday from A-Basin. I truly hope these are two isolated events and not a growing trend.
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity

Postby Cubby23 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:14 pm

MatB wrote:Tough break, hopefully the scumbag who grabbed them has karma catch up to him. My buddy just got his setup stolen on Friday from A-Basin. I truly hope these are two isolated events and not a growing trend.

Just got off the phone with Breck Police. They say they have a man in custody who likely stole my skis and others. They said he had targeted a number of resorts, and a number of high end skis making these events likely connected. While they have him in custody, the police don't have our skis yet. They are pursuing search warrants ASAP and he will be facing felony theft charges. Also the camera they were taken in front of was down that day, inside job?

Bean wrote:That really sucks. Pure or hybrid?

hybrid, actually snapped a pair of 2011 pures and got replaced with hybrids and a refund, would get pure again though any day though

got a trip up to jackson/targhee scheduled for the 11-15th, thinking ill demo some lotus 120 pures :)

Postby MatB » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Good news! Just called my buddy and passed along the information.

While I have never skied Jackson with the whole mountain open, I love the Ghee. Might be my favorite resort and they are about to get hammered. Enjoy your trip and lets hope your skis are found and returned.
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity

Postby Derby Ale » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:30 am

Hope they recover your skis. This story makes me a little more nervous about my new Icelantics. I'm also taking a trip 11-15, but to Salt Lake/Park City.