How much new snowfall in the Sangre de Cristos?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Re: How much new snowfall in the Sangre de Cristos?

Post by jdorje »

Maybe even a full-on Snowpocalypse.
"I don't think about the past, and the future is a mystery. Only the present matters."
tlongpine
14ers: 27  1  2 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (4)

Post by tlongpine »

Any pics? Headed that way this weeekend.
I am unable to walk away from the mountain without climbing it. An unclimbed mountain tugs at my consciousness with the eternal weight of time itself. Until I've pressed my face into it's alpine winds, hugged it's ancient granite walls, and put it's weathered summit beneath my heal I'm unable to resist it's attraction.Knowing nature gives the mountain more time than she gives us adds urgency to the obsession. As has been said before; the mountain doesn't care.

It can wait forever. I cannot.
jdorje
14ers: 12 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (16)

Post by jdorje »

Two feet at 8400'. No sign of the mountains in days.
Bullwinkle
14ers: 43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (7)

Post by Bullwinkle »

In the last four days, snow depth at South Colony increased from 19" to 46". The Wet Mountains and Wet Mountain Valley also got significant snow. Finally starting to taper off now. Warmer temps in the forecast in coming days.
As a mountain more fully reveals itself to a man, so the true nature of the man will be more fully revealed
bhollamby
14ers: 23  9 
13ers: 2 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by bhollamby »

Anyone have any new beta? Looking to head there this weekend...maybe
We are Not Heroes.
I am Not a Legend.
My Passion begins and end in Anonymity.
No one is Ever going to ask for My Signature.
These Efforts won’t earn me a Paycheck.
Our greatest Achievements will be Witnessed by few.
But the reward is Obvious.
------------
Rise up.
Murder the Impossible.
Become Legend.