Chilean Peaks

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
joelsteidl
14ers: 23 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Chilean Peaks

Post by joelsteidl »

It's not climbing...just hiking, but Torres del Paine is breathtaking
I second Torres del Paine! My wife and I backpacked the W. It was incredible.
mrburns
14ers: 20 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (2)

Post by mrburns »

Thanks for the replies! I will look into volcan San Jose, thanks Scott! I have looked at Torres del Paine and the W, and would love to go there, but unfortunately Patagonia is going to have to be another trip. Time and more importantly $$ is the limiting factor on that one.

We are planning on some time in Santiago, Valparaiso, and we may head over to Mendoza, so we are looking more at the Central region as opposed to going all the way down south. It is in less than two months and I am having a hard time focusing on work and not just spending all of my time on google earth! :-D
"They've got the internet on computers now?" - H. Simpson
uwe
14ers: 58 
13ers: 45
Trip Reports (0)

Post by uwe »

Take me with you.
I don't eat much and don't have to be walked. :)

All the options sound great.
Sounds like a wonderful trip!