Manaslu Slide Show October 24 - Ft. Collins

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Alan Arnette
14ers: 58 
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Manaslu Slide Show October 24 - Ft. Collins

Post by Alan Arnette »

An evening about my recent summit of Nepal's Manaslu at 26,759' (8,156 m). It was a rewarding climb as I started the trek at almost sea level in Western Nepal. I hope you can join and please invite your friends and family. Open to everyone, free and no agenda. Just some climbing talk :)

Time: 7:00 - 9:00PM

Topics will include:

- my talks with the legend Ms. Elizabeth Hawley
- my talks with Everest legend Russell Brice
- The changing Sherpa Culture
- a quick review of oxygen system used at high altitude
- the Manaslu Trek
- Climbing the world's 8th highest mountain
- Helicopters in climbing

For training I climbed 25 of our 14ers from February to August after having knee surgery in late January.

Read more about the climb at http://www.alanarnette.com/climbs/manaslu.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm working to find a Denver venue for a future presentation.
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Re: Manaslu Slide Show October 24 - Ft. Collins

Post by Kiefer »

Very nice Alan! I'll kidnap Sarah and we'll try to make it! Thanks for the head's up!
jbchalk
Trip Reports (54)

Post by jbchalk »

I think we'd be there, Alan, if it weren't for the fact its on a weeknight and we live in Vail :) If you do a show up here, we'd no doubt attend. Looks like a great evening.
Johnson
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Things are looking like I can make it. El Chupacabra and I are going to hit La Luz for $2 pints before the show if anyone wants to join. We'll keep the beverages to a seminar listening level!
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Alan Arnette
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Alan Arnette »

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. The talk will start a couple minutes past 7 to let people get settled, go for about an hour then time for Q&A and mingling. Feel free to invite your friends and family. I am working to get a venue for a Denver presentation in November.
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

I'll watch for the Denver show. Let us know when you can. Thanks
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert