Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

LOST microspikes on Holy Cross

Post lost and found items here.

LOST microspikes on Holy Cross

Postby andrewgwalters » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Hiked the North Ridge today, Sept. 28th and lost one of my brand new size medium Kahtoola microspikes on the descent. If anyone picked it up I would love to make it worth your while to send it my way.
Last edited by andrewgwalters on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: LOST on Holy Cross

Postby larkinrx2 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:26 am

Was thinking about heading up standard route next Sunday
How were conditions?
I know weather will move through the end of next week but can keep an eye out for it

Postby thevagabond » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 am

the trail to the North Ridge had some snow on it but had melted by the end of the day. The north ridge has a decent amount of snow but will probably melt off over the next few days, the snow was as deep as 2-3ft in areas high on the ridge.

Postby mylegshurt » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Hate to dissappoint, but I was just up there yesterday (Sunday 9/28/2013) and when we were starting the hike at the trailhead we saw one lonely red micro-spike. Someone had hung it on one of the trial signs at the parking lot area. This was about 7am. But when we got back (9pm) I didn't see anything left there. I was also looking for my hiking sticks that had been taken from their hiding spot half-way up the mountain, and hoping someone maybe saw them and brought them to the trailhead. Unfortunately, didn't anything left by the parking lot. Sorry about the loss...it seems like there was a sticky-fingered hiker around Holy Cross yesterday :(

Postby andrewgwalters » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for the update! The conditions described above are accurate. Boots would certainly be adequate in the current conditions, but the microspikes made trail running much more manageable. If the price of admission was one microspike for an amazing day in the alpine, I'll take it.

Postby JDeVore » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am

Hi Andrew,

I have your microspike! I saw your post on our drive up on 8/29, and snagged it for you from its perch at the trailhead at the end of our hike. Sincere apologies for taking so long to reply to this post. Thanks to a busy work schedule and restricted registration window, I was just able to register for the site today. Please shoot me a message with your contact info, and I'd be happy to send this out to GJ for you!

Postby andrewgwalters » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 pm

J Devore, just sent you a personal message. Thanks so much or getting in touch! 14ers.com is doing right by me.

Postby globreal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Golly….I love happy endings!
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby Jim Davies » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:51 pm

Am I the only one who cringed at the subject line? Glad you got your spikes back!
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby jaymz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Jim Davies wrote:Am I the only one who cringed at the subject line? Glad you got your spikes back!

I did too. Glad it wasn't a lost human or dog! =D>

Re: LOST microspikes on Holy Cross

Postby andrewgwalters » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Didn't mean to make anyone cringe or worry with my initial posting. Noob to the forums and did not know my post would be visible outside of the Lost/Found item category. Subject line has been edited to reduce confusion.