Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rocky Mountain NP Closed

Colorado wildfires and flooding

Re: Rocky Mountain NP Closed

Postby larkinrx2 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:51 am

As the regional and national media have been reporting, Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park have been hard hit by the recent Colorado flood. We are so thankful for all of your support and love you are sending our way. Estes Park is now currently open to guests via the scenic 'Peak to Peak' Highway 7 entrance of town, many lodging establishments, restaurants, shopping and services are open and welcoming guests

source
http://www.visitestespark.com/
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby Exoskeletron » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Such lame timing for the gov't shutdown. Maybe we should all flip out like they did during the shutdown in 1995 and see if that makes some progress. My aunt and uncle who LOVE Colorado and realllly LOVE RMNP, are coming this weekend for a trip we planned several months ago. We were planning to spend most of their visit here in RMNP.....now what? So sad :(

Postby metalmountain » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 pm

This is what I feel like as of late when watching this all unfold.

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Previous