Bagpipes on Tabguache

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
lodidodi
14ers: 27 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (2)

Bagpipes on Tabguache

Post by lodidodi »

When I got to the false summit of Tabguache I heard somebody playing bagpipes on top of the real summit, it was pretty touching to hear amazing grace up there.

d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Re: Bagpipes on Tabguache

Post by d_baker »

Maybe it was piper14er! :lol:
I think that's cool. The Longs concert thing would have been a fun experience to witness/hear as well.

Although I did get to see Kevin Bacon and his brother perform on Pikes, after climbing the Railroad Couloir. That was neat, but with a summit like Pikes with cars, trains, and lots of tourists, the summit almost guarantees an interesting time!
bunny256
14ers: 58  3  4 
13ers: 359 8 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bunny256 »

I can't help but tear up a little when I hear Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. Must be the Scottish in me. Lucky you for getting to experience this!
LoJ
IG @i_heart_mountains
scberger
14ers: 17  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by scberger »

I had the same experience (hearing bagpipes) back in January while summiting Quandary. Amazing Grace too. I thought it was really a special experience.