Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
vonmackle
14ers: 30 
13ers: 93 1
Trip Reports (13)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by vonmackle »

Dan_Suitor wrote:
1_115602134_3.jpg
Billy's is one of my favorites. I'm also a fan of Yak and Yeti's Jalapeno Lena. Some friends of mine recently informed me that Amicas has a Green Chili Ale. Has anybody tried it?
"To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable." -Ludwig van Beethoven
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

travis bickle wrote:True force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Speaking of Two Hearted Ale.. This was my summit beverage on Mt. Shavano this morning.

I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
TallGrass
13ers: 26
Trip Reports (0)

Post by TallGrass »

Made some Boulevard Dark Truth Stout beer bread based off this recipe: http://www.friesema.net/other/recipes.htm
Tried Avery's White Rascal for the first one and it was, eh, ok. Friend who's also made beer bread recommends against IPAs as the hops makes it too floral so you feel like you're eating a flower.
DarkTruthStoutBread.JPG
DarkTruthStoutBread.JPG (131.69 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Interesting pairing... That Founders needs more eggs, bacon, and waffles among the ingredients. (Yes, had the voodoo maple bacon donut.)
BreakfastStout.JPG
BreakfastStout.JPG (138.45 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
"A few hours' mountain climbing make of a rogue and a saint two fairly equal creatures.
Tiredness is the shortest path to equality and fraternity - and sleep finally adds to them liberty."
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

ginsberg wrote:who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat
up smoking in the supernatural darkness of
cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities
contemplating jazz
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
bonehead
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bonehead »

http://www.media.funnykareltje.nl/?p=18616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Http://www.safeshare.tv/w/PKYPTOarUx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Consolation prize for not heading down for the El D/Mt Wilson traverse.
Attachments
IMG_20130711_214631.jpg
IMG_20130711_214631.jpg (251.11 KiB) Viewed 1849 times
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
RamanDestroyer
14ers: 26  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RamanDestroyer »

I don't want to elaborate but you real drinkers know what a solid drink really means. I don't have pics, but here are the very best brews for the very best times to drink a perfect beer:

1. Hot day: Breckenridge Agave Wheat X 12
2. Cold day: Left Hand Milk Stout (Nitro or die) X 6
3. After work: Avery IPA X 3
4. Woman troubles: Sierra Nevada Big Foot Barley Wine (that s**t has to be like 15%, I don't care what the bottle says) X 6 pack ... X 2 if you're a monster.
5. Why the f**k not?: Stone Anniversary Brews, always something good to be had. I prefer the '03 brew if its available. If not and Old Guardian will always smack you in the right direction.

While you enjoy these delicious concoctions, rock some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YxRg5OVwF0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Live up the goodness.
RD
AxeTheIce
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AxeTheIce »

Cold and in the cooler at the TH. Personal favorite is Full Sail Amber.
altidude
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Post by altidude »

Currently on the last 1/3 of a Castle Brewery "Gueuze Fond Tradition".

Barnyard/horse blanket funk+Apple cider vinager+pukey lactobasillus= Refreshing and goes great with food.
The mountain always wins, we do not always lose.

Carpe mañana
hilo21
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hilo21 »

limaritas....24oz cans...
painless4u2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by painless4u2 »

A disturbing trend:

Why Are American Drinkers Turning Against Beer?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-ameri ... 02749.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bad decisions often make good stories.

IPAs + Ambien = "14ers" post (Bill M.)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9