Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sunlight Spire? 7/12-7/15

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Sunlight Spire? 7/12-7/15

Postby seth0687 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Hey all,

I'm gonna be in the basin between the 12th and the 15th with my wife...wasn't planning on tagging the spire because she can't follow 5.10+ crack, but if someone else was planning on attempting the spire I could be convinced to lug in more gear :twisted: Again, just trying to see if anyone else was contemplating it. Current plans were to hike in on the 12th, climb sunlight/windom on the 13th, and then Eolusx2 on the 14th and out on the 15th.

If anyone is wanting to discuss this, give me a shout. I'm no crack whore, but who isn't willing to take a whipper at 14,000'....right? :wft: :evil: \:D/

Seth

Re: Sunlight Spire? 7/12-7/15

Postby MountainMedic » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Hey Seth, I'd love to join you. I've only been rock climbing a few months now but can lead 5.8-9 sport and can certainly belay you and possibly follow you on the spire. I have next to no trad experience, so it would pretty much be all you...if you're interested, give me a shout. I've got a 60m rope and the standard sport stuff; no trad cams/gear whatsoever. There's a good chance that it's out of my ability level, in which case a couple cams for aid climbing might come in handy...

Postby jwinters » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:01 am

Planning on doing the Spire first week of August when we're back in there...let me know if your dates change.

Postby seth0687 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:36 am

MountainMedic wrote:Hey Seth, I'd love to join you. I've only been rock climbing a few months now but can lead 5.8-9 sport and can certainly belay you and possibly follow you on the spire. I have next to no trad experience, so it would pretty much be all you...if you're interested, give me a shout. I've got a 60m rope and the standard sport stuff; no trad cams/gear whatsoever. There's a good chance that it's out of my ability level, in which case a couple cams for aid climbing might come in handy...

I'll shoot you a PM.

jwinters wrote:Planning on doing the Spire first week of August when we're back in there...let me know if your dates change.

Unfortunately we have already paid for the train tickets, it was just a last minute afterthought incase someone was already going to be in the basin when we were also there.

Good luck, and perhaps we can link up some other time for some alpine rock routes up high.

Cheers,

Seth