UPDATE: Memorial Service for Steve Gladbach

Please, no analysis or debate in this sub-forum. This is for memorial threads only.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
oldschool
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (23)

Re: Memorial Service for Steve Gladbach

Post by oldschool »

I'll be there.......coming from Grand Junction, but on my motorcycle. Sorry that I can't take others along.
MountainView
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MountainView »

Important note regarding Steve's memorial service:

With the wonderful outpouring of love and kindness by so many friends and family, the memorial service location will be changing to accommodate the number of those attending. Please pass the word! We will keep you updated on this change right here as soon as possible.

Thank you for your kindness and support for the family at this time.
Ward Crocker (Steve's brother-in-law from California)
pudgy
14ers: 23 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by pudgy »

Just wanted to let all of you 'Flatlanders' who knew or just knew of Steve....there will be a visitation and celebration of life service on July 3rd at St. Agnes Church in Roeland Park, Kansas...Steve is a Bishop Miege HS and Rockhurst College grad...
St. Agnes is located at 51st and Mission...
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

globreal wrote:There will be a memorial service for Steve Gladbach on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 2:00pm

There will be a slide show shown at the memorial service. Please email your favorite climbing photo of, or with Steve, to:
Nona Gladbach
ngladbach@msn.com
Deadline to email photos is Friday , June 28th at 12 noon.

From those photos, two photo albums will be prepared, one for each of Steve's daughters. Please print your favorite climbing photo of, or with Steve, and either:
A. bring it to the memorial service
B. mail it to:
Britt & Debra Jones
43 Misty Creek Dr.
Monument, CO 80132-6038
Deadline to mail is Saturday, July 6th.

On behalf of the family, thank you for all of your prayers, comments, and support.
Britt Jones
Please note...
Anyone sending photos. PLEASE add in the email or on the back of the photo the following:
1. Names of those in photo
2. Date
3. Location/Peak

Thank you!
Britt
Last edited by globreal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaristaLady
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BaristaLady »

Steve's friends are putting together a scrapbook for his two daughters, Linda and Alise. Can you please submit any stories you have from climbing with Steve. Send them to brittanyjacobs0731@gmail.com. THANKS!
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Please note the new location for Steve's Memorial Service:

NEW LOCATION:
Praise Assembly of God
2000 Troy Ave.
Pueblo, CO 81001
719-544-9486

RECEPTION TO FOLLOW AT:
First Presbyterian Church
220 W. 10th St.
Pueblo, CO 81003
719-542-7322

Please pass the word to your climbing friends in case they don't come back and see this thread update!
Again, it's this Saturday, June 29th at 2pm.
Last edited by globreal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaristaLady
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BaristaLady »

This just in:
Steve's service will be held at the Praise Assembly of God in Pueblo on Troy Avenue at 2 pm on Saturday. We are encouraging all those who attend to write letters about their experiences with Steve so that the girls will know all that their father has done. His girl's names are Alise and Linda Gladbach. There will be a box or basket at the funeral service to put the letters. We did have to change the location from its previous location because of the number of people who plan to attend.
Thanks.
DArcyS
14ers: 58 
13ers: 544
Trip Reports (3)

Post by DArcyS »

Although I had great respect for Steve, I will not be attending the service as I never met him. For those in a similar position, I encourage them to think about the difference between a funeral and a social gathering. But in the end, that is a personal decision and I'm sure all are welcomed regardless.

For those who did not know Steve but wish to pay honor to him (and perhaps to those who did know him, as well), I offer the following sermon entitled "Leading Great" available at http://northpointministries.org/followseries/watch (click on the number 7 to get to the correct video).

For those of you who are Christian, you can safely watch all of this. For those of you who are non-Christians, you can jump to minute 20:00 of the video and watch the non-denominational portion of the message that I believe is applicable to all regardless of faith (or lack thereof and I'll leave it to you to decide when you've heard the J-word too much). Where you hear "authority," replacing "ability and knowledge" will make the message directly applicable to Steve.

The pastor delivering the sermon is Andy Stanley who leads a group of churches in Atlanta and I learned of quite through accident. I'll record Saturday Night Live and extend the recording significantly because SNL does not always end at its scheduled time of 12:05. The show immediately following it is "Your Move with Andy Stanley," and on one occasion I just started watching him because of an interesting lead-in to his show. As a spiritual but not religious person, he gained my attention because of his approach to non-Christians or people who have questions about faith.

D'Arcy
KatieFinn
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 573 2 4
Trip Reports (3)

Post by KatieFinn »

Bob and I will be there.
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Re: UPDATE: Memorial Service for Steve Gladbach

Post by globreal »

I am bumping this back up so everyone can see that the location was changed. See original post.

Please pass on to any of your friends in this climbing community so people will come to the correct location.

Thanks.
sanjuanmtneer
14ers: 58 
13ers: 664
Trip Reports (2)

Post by sanjuanmtneer »

I'll be coming from a climbing trip in the Sangres.
Steve was one of my heroes.
I'll miss him forever.
Scotzman
14ers: 14  1 
13ers: 7 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Scotzman »

I am trying to juggle work to make this happen.
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.