Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sleeping on the Summits II: The SEQUEL

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Sleeping on the Summits II: The SEQUEL

Postby Dr_Jon » Mon May 20, 2013 7:11 am

Bill and others,

I apologize for the duplicate post.... That wasn't my intention. As you can tell by my profile I don't spend much time in your excellent site. I just figured some folks might want to follow an interesting project like they did last year when John prater (homie) tried to break the 14ers speed record.

Have a great day and enjoy the adventure.

Jon

Postby matt pierce » Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Dr_Jon wrote:...might want to follow an interesting project like they did last year when John prater (homie) tried to break the 14ers speed record...

Sigh...

John's project was indeed interesting. =D>

Your projects however are lame and boring. You claim to be such an experienced mountaineer but all you can come up with is this crap? Sleeping on more peaks? :lol:

Please do us all a favor and stop writing these uneventful (and sometimes glamorized) stories...

Postby nkan02 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Fletch wrote:
matt pierce wrote: Your projects however are lame and boring. You claim to be such an experienced mountaineer but all you can come up with is this crap? Sleeping on more peaks? :lol:

Please do us all a favor and stop writing these uneventful (and sometimes glamorized) stories...

Gotta agree here... pretty much sums it up for me.

+1 yawwwn.

Postby MonGoose » Mon May 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Don't be discouraged, Dr Jon. I'm really looking forward to reading all of your published text messages in "Summits II: The Sequel".

Postby ctlee » Mon May 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Sleeping while skiing FROM the summit. That may wake me up.....then again maybe not... :yawn:
Live as if you were to die tomorrow-learn as if you were to live forever-----Mahatma Gandhi

Postby zdero1 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Whatever you do, don't publish any more pictures of unconscious, bloody climbers (while they are still in the hospital with unknown prognosis, without their consent, and on a public forum) as a publicity stunt like you did on Snowmass last year. You are an egomaniac and your actions on Snowmass were appalling. I'm not saying this about the actual assistance provided to the climber, but rather the photos and posts.

I would never give you one cent of my money, and I encourage others to do the same.

Postby Brian C » Mon May 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Hahahahaha!!!!

Who buys this crap??? Seriously! Who is going to come up with a "Pooing on the Summits" series?? Or a "Kegstand on the Summits" book! It'd be more interesting than this garbage.

EDIT:
Dr_Jon wrote:...As you can tell by my profile I don't spend much time in your excellent site...

So you just grace us with your presence to do a little self promotion?
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby speth » Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Sleeping on the Summits 2, Electric Snowmass Boogaloo.

EDIT: I wish I could climb like Turbo.

Last edited by speth on Mon May 20, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby MountainMedic » Mon May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

I, for one, am grateful that someone is finally taking the time to share their nocturnal experiences with us unoriginal daytime folk. Little is as interesting as reading about people sleeping a bunch of places I've already been. I just hope "Dr." Jon is sponsored by Sealy or some other mattress company, as I can't think of any other reasonable justification for writing these books.

The worst part about all this is someone who's egotistical enough to insist on the repeated use of the title "Dr." but "humble" enough to stick to their first name.

Peace out,

Medic Tyler

Postby zdero1 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Dr_Jon wrote:Hello Everyone, I'M BACK!

Edit: Ah...youtube video upload fail...I'll post the URL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
Last edited by zdero1 on Mon May 20, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby spiderman » Mon May 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Brian C wrote:Hahahahaha!!!!

Who buys this crap??? Seriously! Who is going to come up with a "Pooing on the Summits" series?? Or a "Kegstand on the Summits" book! It'd be more interesting than this garbage.

EDIT:
Dr_Jon wrote:...As you can tell by my profile I don't spend much time in your excellent site...

If we pee on the highest summit of each state, by canine laws can we claim the entire US as our personal territory? At least until someone pees on top of ours...

That question aside, IMHO I thought that the first book was actually pretty good. This is definitely a rough crowd to please.

Postby mtn_nut » Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Brian C wrote:Hahahahaha!!!!

EDIT:

I think someone should be the first person to tube all of the 14ers during the calender winter :-)

PreviousNext