Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Golite Sale is on!

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

Re: Golite Sale is on!

Postby GregMiller » Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am

I've been pretty happy with the wind river softshell pants I got from them, they were my go-to pants all winter for hiking and skiing.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Kitten » Fri May 10, 2013 11:16 am

GregMiller wrote:I've been pretty happy with the wind river softshell pants I got from them, they were my go-to pants all winter for hiking and skiing.

Same here, I have had the same pants for two years and I love them for backcountry skiing. Also the Terrono Backpack, it is so lightweight... and a bunch of baselayers, rain and softshell jackets as well. You can not go wrong with GoLite.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby dpage » Fri May 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I have the Wind River pants, a 2.5 layer rain jacket and bought my wife a hooded wind shirt/jacket. All of those things have been durable fit their function in Colorado. I also have a puff jacket which has too many areas where the stitching is coming undone to count and a single layer rain jacket that has always been misreable in wet conditions. Those 2 pieces I would not replace with another one of their products. The 2 bottle running pack with a small storage compartment that I have has lasted well over 7 years. Sorry that I don't know the names of any of the items.

Postby kaiman » Fri May 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Anyone used the Wolf Creek L2/L3 from GoLite. I'm almost in the market for another 3 season tent and was wondering if anyone had experience with these two models yet?

kaiman
"I want to keep the mountains clean of racism, religion and politics. In the mountains this should play no role."

- Joe Stettner

"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end."

- Edward Whymper

Postby mtree » Fri May 10, 2013 4:24 pm

I picked up their 800 fill down jacket this year. Great price! $99. Weighs in at 11oz. Scrunches into a pocket sized bag. Love it! Highly recommend. It's about a third the price of other makers and has a lifetime warranty. Can't beat that with a stick.

I might have to check out their packs. Lighter is always better!

Postby Tortoise1 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:52 pm

On sale all the time is pretty much the norm for the outlet mall environment where they often reside.

Postby DanaMac » Sat May 11, 2013 7:38 am

kaiman wrote:Anyone used the Wolf Creek L2/L3 from GoLite. I'm almost in the market for another 3 season tent and was wondering if anyone had experience with these two models yet?

kaiman

I picked up the Wolf Creek L2 yesterday at their store in in C Springs. I'll test it out over Memorial weekend. Half the weight of my old Kelty Cyclone 2 which was 8 lbs.
I have quite few of their clothing items - jackets, shirts, shorts. All have been great, but as someone else mentioned, the synthetic shirts catch and snag real easily. They also get worn in the areas of shoulder straps from a pack. I tend to wear the long sleeve shirts under a t-shirt. You know, the classic long sleeve/short sleeve Colorado combo!!

Probably not the highest quality gear for the most extreme adventurer, but still great gear for the value. Especially with the clearance prices. I've gotten down jackets for $40-$70.

Previous