Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lost: Seiko Watch on Mt. Shavano

Post lost and found items here.

Lost: Seiko Watch on Mt. Shavano

Postby Rob7582 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Found a Seiko watch in the Angel of Shavano on May 5, 2013. Seems like the band broke while glissading, but I put it back together and it looks fine. Accurately describe it to me and we can figure out how to get it back to you.

Re: Lost: Seiko Watch on Mt. Shavano

Postby ljmadrid » Mon May 06, 2013 11:20 am

Wow what are the odds? Yes that is my watch it has a slightly blue face with a few scratches on the silver band. You can reach me at ljmadrid@gmail.com. Thanks so much. :)
Last edited by ljmadrid on Mon May 06, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dex » Mon May 06, 2013 11:41 am

ljmadrid wrote:Wow what are the odds? Yes that is my watch it has a slightly blue face with a few scratches on the silver band. You can reach me at . Thanks so much. :)

Leonard,
You might want to to stop posting your number in the open.

Send a PM next time.

I liked the video.

What route did you do? Standard or straight up the Angel? I didn't see anyone carrying snow shoes. Were they needed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6MefrtlQ0
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby Brimstone10 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Must of snowed Saturday night. I climbed to the summit and skied the angel on Saturday and the rocks didn't have any snow on them surrounding the Angel.

Postby jeremy27 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Dex wrote: What route did you do? Standard or straight up the Angel? I didn't see anyone carrying snow shoes. Were they needed?

I climbed 5/5 and posted a conditions report here:
http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatus_entry.php?recnum=2179

Postby ljmadrid » Mon May 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks Dex, we chose not to take our snowshoes so we climbed partially up the normal route and then dropped down into the body of the Angel at approximately 12k feet. I would recommend snowshoes if you start at the bottom of the Angel

Postby Dex » Mon May 06, 2013 3:45 pm

ljmadrid wrote:Thanks Dex, we chose not to take our snowshoes so we climbed partially up the normal route and then dropped down into the body of the Angel at approximately 12k feet. I would recommend snowshoes if you start at the bottom of the Angel

Thanks,
Considering the weather I might try the Angel next.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz