Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

!!! Shoplifter at Neptune !!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: !!! Shoplifter at Neptune !!!

Postby Beman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Got done with my time outside and figure I'd check on this. I have not laughed this hard in a long time. Now that I know that a business shouldn't have to worry about the cost of preventing theft i can safely assume that no one would ever break in to my house. I can save all thoes insurance premiums now. Keep it comming this is too good.

Postby PaliKona » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 pm

I'll be looking for the guy on my hikes in the Flatirons this weekend. O:)

Postby larkinrx2 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:07 pm

since you can tell ebay you live on the moon, i wonder what the tracking on the shipment would look like?
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Location: Up high in the San Juan Mtns (Apr-Nov) and down by the beach in CA & HA (Nov-Apr)

Postby San Juan Ron » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:08 am

6', age 50, size 44.5 -- I swear, it wasn't me!

Oh wait, I still can count to 10 on my fingers. :shock:

SJ Ron :)

Postby wildlobo71 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:21 am

San Juan Ron wrote:Oh wait, I still can count to 10 on my fingers. :shock:

SJ Ron :)

Remove your gloves and try again, Ron. :-D
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby ChicagoMike » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Boulder problems

Postby livetothemax96 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey,

Since I think that it's a forgone conclusion that Neptune will probably not get it's boots back, and even if they do they won't be able to sell them because they have gotten stolen and worn. So how about we put together a fundraiser to help them get their money back. My uncle owns a small business and $1000 is make or break sometimes, and while I realize that Neptune is successful, $1000 is still $1000. Sound like a good idea to anyone?
whats life unless you live it?

Postby paxtonsnjones27 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:32 pm

That is so lame! That is a killer store.

Postby letourneau41 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:51 pm

livetothemax96 wrote:Hey,

Since I think that it's a forgone conclusion that Neptune will probably not get it's boots back, and even if they do they won't be able to sell them because they have gotten stolen and worn. So how about we put together a fundraiser to help them get their money back. My uncle owns a small business and $1000 is make or break sometimes, and while I realize that Neptune is successful, $1000 is still $1000. Sound like a good idea to anyone?

You're joking right......
Every man Dies, but not every man truly lives.

Postby TallGrass » Thu May 02, 2013 4:04 pm

livetothemax96 wrote:So how about we put together a fundraiser to help them get their money back.

:wft: whiskey :wft: :wft: tango :wft: :wft: foxtrot :wft:
If you want to use $1,000 of your money to underwrite the both the dealer cost PLUS profit margin, go right ahead. I'm sure you'll find many for-profit businesses willing to sign up for your premium-free and after-the-fact insurance plan if they have a bad day or year. Can individuals sign up too?
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby Fisching » Thu May 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Guys, I just heard Enron is going through a bit of a tough time. Let's all pitch in and help them!
If you all write me a check for $1000, I'll make sure it gets to the right people and the Enron bigwigs will write personal "thank you" notes in large crayons to show their appreciation.

EDIT: I understand that the idea had the good intentions at heart, but it's a for-profit company losing a product (albeit an expensive one at that), not the American Cancer Society or the St. Jude Children's Hospital.
Last edited by Fisching on Thu May 02, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby dpage » Thu May 02, 2013 6:10 pm

I really feel like giving to Neptune or Enron or whoever else is completely absurd when my truck needs a transmission. That $1000 could go a looonnngggg way to ensuring my health and mental well being throughout the summer. I'm pretty certain Neptune has moved on by now and we must take up the new cause of saving my truck.

PreviousNext