Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (May 2)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (May 2)

Postby kushrocks » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:58 pm

" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby SilverLynx » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:36 am

Bump!
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby zdero1 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 pm

More bump.

See ya there!

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed May 01, 2013 12:26 pm

A little chillier than I'd hoped, but 45-50 degrees still ain't bad.

You're climbers. Wear a jacket. :lol:
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Scotzman » Wed May 01, 2013 1:21 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:A little chillier than I'd hoped, but 45-50 degrees still ain't bad.

You're climbers. Wear a jacket. :lol:

Well if we're acting like climbers, why not enjoy a patio drink tonight!
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby MtnChick » Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 am

Just talked to the folks at Hogshead. We might be the biggest group they've ever seen! They are pumped for our arrival. Bring on the bacon!

Postby speth » Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 am

I ran into Mike from Hogshead out and about last night, seemed excited to have the group over. See everyone there.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu May 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Another evening of excellence.

And a big round of applause for Mandy and Jeff for bringing it all together. I haven't been on 14ers.com or lived in Colorado long enough to remember how it was "back in the day", but since Jeff has revived this event in December 2011, it has certainly been enjoyable to attend and participate. Well done, folks. And very special thanks to cookiehiker for the bacon and other goodies, so delicious =D> =D> =D>
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Scotzman » Thu May 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:Another evening of excellence.

And a big round of applause for Mandy and Jeff for bringing it all together. I haven't been on 14ers.com or lived in Colorado long enough to remember how it was "back in the day", but since Jeff has revived this event in December 2011, it has certainly been enjoyable to attend and participate. Well done, folks. And very special thanks to cookiehiker for the bacon and other goodies, so delicious =D> =D> =D>

Well said Brian! echo that
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby zdero1 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:Another evening of excellence.

+1

Postby semitrueskerm » Thu May 02, 2013 11:07 pm

i am ashamed to admit i partook in cannibalism tonight. --Semi Cooked Bacon (step brother of SemiTrueSkerm)

Postby Cookiehiker » Thu May 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Fun time getting to see and talk to everyone at HH! Bacon Man ROCKED! \:D/

PreviousNext