Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

all around experience

Trailhead conditions, directions, roads, parking, camping, etc. Trailhead Info/Status

all around experience

Postby spiderj » Wed May 01, 2013 2:39 pm

I am looking to do a trip in July and have been thinking of a 14ers trip. I was wondering if there were any routes that would include everything - camping, hiking, fishing, etc. I see there is plenty of hiking opportunity but haven't seen many pics that suggest good fishing.

Maybe a 14ers trip isnt the right location for what I am looking for. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Re: all around experience

Postby Jim Davies » Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Here's a previous discussion of fishing on 14er routes:
https://14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34812&start=0
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby spiderj » Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Thank you very much!

Postby zdero1 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Take a look at Humboldt via S. Colony Lakes.

Postby Fisching » Thu May 02, 2013 7:13 pm

zdero1 wrote:Take a look at Humboldt via S. Colony Lakes.

I'm not much of a fisher (contrary to my username and last name), but I second this. I've heard good things about S. Colony Lakes for fishing purposes.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby zdero1 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Fisching wrote:
zdero1 wrote:Take a look at Humboldt via S. Colony Lakes.

I'm not much of a fisher (contrary to my username and last name), but I second this. I've heard good things about S. Colony Lakes for fishing purposes.

Talk to Speth and TheVagabond, I think they did this route last year and remarked that lots of people were fishing. The views were "jaw-dropping." It's such a sweet spot to camp at that the road was closed off 3mi from the lakes to reduce human impact.