Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Fritschi Freeride Question

Info, conditions and gear related to skiing or riding Colorado Peaks, including the 14ers! Ski/Ride Trip Reports

Re: Fritschi Freeride Question

Postby Hacksaw » Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 am

lordhelmut wrote:Hey,

To be specific as possible, the base plate under the toe piece that the mount screws go through, attaching the front of the binding to the ski, broke on my Freerides last weekend..

I'm curious how did you do this?
"True love is much easier to find with a helicopter."

Postby lordhelmut » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am

sidehilling down the trail, but it was probably a result of a good 4 years of usage, in addition to whomever I bought it from.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri May 13, 2011 12:09 pm

You should have it tomorrow, via FedEx.
Only SNOW will end the madness

Postby GregMiller » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:06 pm

So, I managed to break the heelpiece on my Fritschi Freeride Plus's, as shown below:

P1030574-small.jpg
P1030574-small.jpg (332.45 KiB) Viewed 460 times

Figured I'd resurrect this thread, see if anyone had a spare single binding sitting around, or a spare heelpiece, that they'd be willing to part with for appropriate compensation.

(btw, I'd love to upgrade, but my AT boots that don't release properly in tech bindings, and couldn't really afford a new set of tech bindings anyway)
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby GravityPilot » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 am

I don't think I have any extras and they no longer have those parts listed on the website. Call BD, they may be able to send you the that piece. It's easy to replace, just knock that pin out. If you need a step by step let me know.

Postby GregMiller » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 am

Yeah, I'll give BD a call, I'd have figured I was SOL on that count, but it sounds like it's worth a try. And if I do get parts from them, I'd love to get some instructions, I'll take any help I can get :-)

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 am

I have an extra heel piece and would part with it if you can't get a replacement/repair from BD.

Postby GregMiller » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

So, as it turns out, Black Diamond is awesome. Gave them a call, and I should have a new heel piece by Friday! (and that for a 7 year old binding that I bought used on craigslist!).

The way the guy on the phone described it, I just take the DIN down past zero (until everything is loose), knock the pin out, put the new heel piece on, put the pin back in, and turn the DIN back up to my usual setting. Does that jive with what you guys have done? (GravityPilot and/or Bill and/or Brian)
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Langston Hughes

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

Yup, pretty easy

Postby lordhelmut » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:10 pm

GregMiller wrote:So, as it turns out, Black Diamond is awesome. Gave them a call, and I should have a new heel piece by Friday! (and that for a 7 year old binding that I bought used on craigslist!).

The way the guy on the phone described it, I just take the DIN down past zero (until everything is loose), knock the pin out, put the new heel piece on, put the pin back in, and turn the DIN back up to my usual setting. Does that jive with what you guys have done? (GravityPilot and/or Bill and/or Brian)

Sounds about right. BD just sent me an entire new binding when I broke my toe piece. They must have a pile of old freerides lying around.

Postby GregMiller » Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Figured I should fill you all in, new heel piece was on my doorstep after work yesterday, got it installed no problems, can't wait to take it out again, thanks for the help!
Still Here
Langston Hughes

Postby GeorgiaTyler » Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 am

My heel riser broke on my freerides and i'm heading to work in a minute. Before I contact BD is this an easy fix? It just popped off skinning up Ophir pass. I couldn't lift my heel or lock the heel for the descent (but I made it work anyway). Thanks.
1.1.jpg
V gaper day at the Opus hut (the duct tape didn't hold..) ha
1.1.jpg (78.74 KiB) Viewed 187 times

Previous