Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Where is the SNOW!!!

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Where is the SNOW!!!

Postby Kitten » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 pm

livetothemax96 wrote:Found some snow! This last storm provided, getting anxious for some steep spring stuff though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhD48rntVgc&feature=youtu.be

Cool video, thanks for posting!
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda, Star Wars.

Postby geojed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 am

Meager. Hopefully the storms this weekend pack a wallop and stick around. Especially in the S. Platte River Drainage.
Attachments
3-19-2013 7-06-12 AM.jpg
3-19-2013 7-06-12 AM.jpg (190.32 KiB) Viewed 630 times
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby Dex » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:42 am

geojed wrote:Meager. Hopefully the storms this weekend pack a wallop and stick around. Especially in the S. Platte River Drainage.

I was on Yale recently. At the beginning of the month there were spots low down without snow. Up further - under the trees the snow was about 3.5 feet.

Sunday - the bare spots were gone and another 1.5'+ I'd guess was added.

There are dangerous conditions - warning I'm not an expert - there is an area on the standard route - Denny Creek- that was all ice and steep. Under the ice was less than 1.5' of snow. I didn't have crampons, so I turned back. I'm guessing that area is covered with snow now.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby livetothemax96 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Killer edit! Looks sweet! Any chance you'll reveal the location of that cliff?
whats life unless you live it?

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Sweet vids Austin! When you takin me base jumping?!
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby JTOlson26 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Bump

Did anyone actually get snow with this bout? I saw where they were calling for 6-10 inches in Woodland Park and they would be lucky to have an inch based on the web cam I was looking at.

Postby geojed » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:57 pm

10" here in Ken Caryl. Probably would have accum more if ground hadn't been so warm.

Postby Jim Davies » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Southern CO Springs got zippo.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:12 pm

West Central Denver - maybe 3-4 inches; sidewalks shoveled themselves thanks to the heat of yesterday.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Dex » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 pm

It has been snowing most of the day in BV - no accumulation on the roads - snowed and melted and snowed ...

I can't see the mts but my guess the snow will have more staying power there.
Montani Semper Liberi
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous." Barry Ritholtz

Postby jsdratm » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:37 pm

My coworker who lives in Sunshine Canyon (west of Boulder) said that they got over a foot of snow. It is still snowing here in gunbarrel and we have about 5" or so.

PreviousNext