Couloirs on Pikes INfo

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
keystone4me
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (0)

Couloirs on Pikes INfo

Post by keystone4me »

Any recent trips on the Couloirs? hows the snow. what route did you do? where did you camp?
Want to venture out that way the last weekend of April to one of the Couloirs and any additional info would help.
MikenColorado
14ers: 58 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Couloirs on Pikes INfo

Post by MikenColorado »

Y Coulier is still looking good on Pikes Peak! It should hold out until the last of April easy! Its a long long round trip day from any camp on either side! We climbed it last year in April and it was a primo climb! We took a car to the ridge leading down into the Bottomless Pit, climbed it, summited, but got locked in at the Ranger Gate, so we had to call a friend in the Springs to pick us up and then we picked the car up the next day! Rangers left a nasty gram on our windshield about leaving the car after hours even though they knew we were climbing the Y? Its the best way to climb the Y, but working out the way up and back down is tricky because of the short daylight hours the road is open! Call me when you get things planned, since I am local I can help out if I am available?
"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves." Sir Edmund Hillary