Taggers RIP

Threads related to Colorado mountaineering accidents but please keep it civil and respectful. Friends and relatives of fallen climbers will be reading these posts.
Forum rules
Please be respectful when posting - family and friends of fallen climbers might be reading this forum.
davebks
14ers: 10 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Taggers RIP

Post by davebks »

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/04/02/530901 ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Authorities said gravity played a role in both deaths."
It's kind of weird how the article was written. It seems more focused on this than the poor guy who died.
"Local climbing experts said the "classic rappel" technique is seldom practiced. It uses friction from the rope against the body at various points to slow the descent.

"It's not used much anymore. There is equipment that is a lot more efficient, so nobody really does it," said Adam Elfstrand, general manager Granite Arch Climbing Center in Rancho Cordova."
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Taggers RIP

Post by highpilgrim »

Thanks for changing the title from Bonehead RIP!

I was worried my buddy Pat had finally bitten off more than he could chew.
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

=D> Glad you said it before me, High Pilgrim ... I was worried about the same thing! :wft: :-" O:)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
highpilgrim
14ers: 58 
13ers: 84 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by highpilgrim »

Presto wrote:=D> Glad you said it before me, High Pilgrim ... I was worried about the same thing! :wft: :-" O:)
Hah! Yes, what would we do without him sniping from the hedgerows in Westcliffe...or Marble?
Call on God, but row away from the rocks.
Hunter S Thompson

Walk away from the droning and leave the hive behind.
Dick Derkase
davebks
14ers: 10 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (3)

Post by davebks »

yeah, I felt weird after I initially wrote it. maybe its the rain today or something. I grew up in chicago and had a lot of tagger friends so I felt like it was kind of insulting, so I changed it all up.

oh! is someone on here named bonehead?? OH man... oops, sorry!!!!!