Favorite Beer?

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Re: Favorite Beer?

Post by bergsteigen »

As I'm working on organizing and building my gear room, I "backpack" to my beer fridge in the garage for some tasty Belgians or stouts...
Attachments
Beer Fridge
Beer Fridge
beer_fridge.jpg (288.51 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

bergsteigen wrote:As I'm working on organizing and building my gear room, I "backpack" to my beer fridge in the garage for some tasty Belgians or stouts...
Can we be friends? Andddd how did you get so many Red Poppy's? That is impressive.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
Johnson
14ers: 58 
13ers: 42
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

bergsteigen wrote:As I'm working on organizing and building my gear room, I "backpack" to my beer fridge in the garage for some tasty Belgians or stouts...
If only I weren't already married! :-D

And, Lordhelmut.... checked my local place after I saw this and had already stocked up on some Rye beers and they only have a Rye by Renegade at the moment. This grenade deal looks ominously/delightfully serious. Have you had it?
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

by Johnson » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:30 pm
And, Lordhelmut.... checked my local place after I saw this and had already stocked up on some Rye beers and they only have a Rye by Renegade at the moment. This grenade deal looks ominously/delightfully serious. Have you had it?
You can get Elevation on tap anytime at Renegade Brewery (I'm sure, being packaged in aluminum is not going to take away from what is one of my favorite beers) ... :iluvbeer: . And, not to answer for Mr. LordHelmut, but yes he has had it (on tap, that is). 8)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

dehrlich101 wrote:
Can we be friends? Andddd how did you get so many Red Poppy's? That is impressive.

I had a conference in San Diego last spring that I road tripped to. So the highlights were Utah and AZ NP's and going to the Pizza Port/Lost Abbey Brewery in San Marcos to taste and pick up a case or three of their beers! :iluvbeer: I wish I got more of the Red Poppy and their sours, and less of the beers I found a week later in Boulder! Seems to be my luck, I find some new beer from far away lands, "import it", and then find it local within the month. Now if that would only happen with Heretic! Might be enough for me to road trip to Cali again!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

Tried a bottle of this out this past weekend:

Collaborative product of Evil Twin/Stillwater/Stone Breweries: "The Perfect Crime" Black Smoked Saison (60 IBU, 6.8% ABV)

and a bomber of this,

River North Brewery - Hoppenberg Uncertainty Principle: Belgian-Style Double IPA (100ish IBU, 9.0% ABV)

and can of this,

Dry Dock Brewery - Hop Abomination (100 IBU, 6.50% ABV)

and, finally and can of this:

Marble Brewing - IPA (Unknown IBU, 6.8% ABV) (thanks, Kevin)

:iluvbeer:

Oh, and on tap Wednesday night ... Pikes Peak Brewery ... Gold Rush Belgian Golden IPA (28 IBU, 9.0% ABV)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Presto wrote:Tried a bottle of this out this past weekend:

Marble Brewing - IPA (Unknown IBU, 6.8% ABV) (thanks, Kevin)

:iluvbeer:
The Double IPA from Marble is very good too. Great balance.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene
Johnson
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Johnson »

Papillon wrote:A colleague told me he and his friends gathered on a Saturday a few years back in order to determine which of the piss ales tastes the best. Their reasoning behind the test was they wanted to be prepared if they were in some podunk town with a poor selection (read: Michigan's Upper Peninsula). They conducted the test in a serious manner - no getting loaded, no grab ass, etc.

He said Stroh's tasted the best of the worst.
Papillon:
Ok, this much time has lapsed and money is tight so I thought I'd go all in for a 15 pack can of Stroh's. Now, this is not scientific and I didn't have other cheap beers around to make a comparison but I must say.... that is some nasty crap. I have 11 left! I used to get a 12 of this stuff almost every friday or saturday back in high school.... I don't remember it tasting so dang gnarly. I thought I remember something about Stroh's "Fire Brew".... maybe it is different now. Or, maybe I am different now. I think PBR or Schlitz is better.

dehrlich101
14ers: 46  2 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (21)

Post by dehrlich101 »

Mile High Wine and Spirits have some bottles of Red Poppy Ale from The Lost Abbey! You can call and reserve them over the phone, (303) 936-0272.

I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ
rynometfan
14ers: 18 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rynometfan »

Two weeks without a new post, come on people.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but I am really digging Colorado Native Lager. A really smooth lager that I can enjoy with food or by itself. Oh and you can only get in Colorado!

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/C ... ndPint.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'd rather be in the mountains, thinking about God than in church thinking about the mountains."
lordhelmut
14ers: 50  21  5 
13ers: 300 60 1
Trip Reports (73)

Post by lordhelmut »

rynometfan -

I applaud you for reviving this thread. I really do. In the future, please don't do so with crap beer like Colorado Native. No offense. That is all.

(but really, thanks for reviving the thread. Friendly banter of course)
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Had this last summer in Ohio (of all places) and it blew my mind. Haven't seen it anywhere else since but keep hearing rumors of it being on tap at such-and-such in Fort Collins, but alas, the tasty brew still alludes me.
Make wilderness less accessible.