Polar Star Inn, Fulford Road, Yeoman Park road conditions

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Polar Star Inn, Fulford Road, Yeoman Park road conditions

Post by Scott P »

I have a reservation for Polar Star (10th Mtn Division Hut) this weekend, but it appears that a significant snowstorm is headed in.

Does anyone know how often the Fulford Road/Yeoman Park road is plowed? I wouldn't want to get stuck for a week or anything (I'll be taking my Pathfinder with tire chains). I'm worried about driving only as we can snowshoe fine when it's snowing.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
Rock-a-Fella
13ers: 16
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Polar Star Inn, Fulford Road, Yeoman Park road condition

Post by Rock-a-Fella »

Scott,
You should be good. To begin at the end you could call CDOT Eagle (970-328-6344) but I have never "NOT" been able to get in or out of
the parking area. Additionally, I have never seen the Fulford residential snowmobiles parked below Yeoman Park suggesting that someone
keep the road clear enough.
Avy conditions changing on all aspects. Stay safe out there
Scott P
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Thanks for the info!
dannymiller15
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dannymiller15 »

Scott,
Just fyi, We were there last week, however we came in via the West Lake Creek trailhead - not Yeoman Park. However, there were others at the hut that were getting in/out via Yeomen Park - even after the previous snow.

The skiing on the west facing aspects of New York mountain was very good. Snow was stable and it's relatively low angle. You should still see some snow pits. We had a full moon so did some skiing by moonlight - what a blast!

It's a great hut - Have fun - be safe.
Elliot
14ers: 24  24  1 
13ers: 65 49 1
Trip Reports (23)

Post by Elliot »

Hopefully this storm produces! I will be nearby at one of the yurts this sat and sun, see yall on the skin track!
Scott P
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

I will be nearby at one of the yurts this sat and sun, see yall on the skin track!
You should see us up there. Hopefully not for the week.
However, there were others at the hut that were getting in/out via Yeomen Park - even after the previous snow.
Thanks for the info.
Hopefully this storm produces!
It's supposed to:
Attachments
481297_10151262193136534_1778966065_n.png
481297_10151262193136534_1778966065_n.png (195.98 KiB) Viewed 329 times