"Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone"

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
gb
14ers: 56  54  6 
13ers: 67 54
Trip Reports (26)

"Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone"

Post by gb »

... is a book by Thomas Turiano. I'm looking to get my hands on a copy, but it's out of print. Does anyone have a copy they'd be willing to part with? Or has anyone seen this book in their local shop? Can't find a copy on the internet. Any help greatly appreciated- Thanks!
mtn_nut
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 35 1
Trip Reports (5)

Re: "Select Peaks of Greater Yellowstone"

Post by mtn_nut »

gb wrote:... is a book by Thomas Turiano. I'm looking to get my hands on a copy, but it's out of print. Does anyone have a copy they'd be willing to part with? Or has anyone seen this book in their local shop? Can't find a copy on the internet. Any help greatly appreciated- Thanks!
I found a copy of that a few years back through the Jefferson county library. Its a huge book. I think I may have seen a copy over at bentgate mountaineering too.
Kruck
14ers: 7 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kruck »

No reason to prepare, just drive up here and cram, then climb. We've got a copy at the Red Lodge library.

If you can't find a copy before you get up here, I can put a hold on the RL copy for you.
Sausage, mushroom, and green pepper
gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Kruck, I actually just got back from Cooke City. A friend had the book and I just thought it was a great resource- I love ski and mountaineering history. That's why I'd like a copy in my library- as a reference. Great book.

mtn nut, I'll call Bent Gate when they open- it isn't listed on the website, but who knows.
Kruck
14ers: 7 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kruck »

How was the snow over there? On this side of the pass we have about the worst possible snowpack you can imagine. It was "whump" city out there this weekend.
Sausage, mushroom, and green pepper
Vermont Mike
14ers: 36 
13ers: 32 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Vermont Mike »

Try booksamillion.com . . . looks like they have it in stock for $34.95, which is a lot cheaper than the $200+ from Amazon.
Matt Lemke
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 116 11
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Matt Lemke »

I second the Bentgate...I saw they had a copy for around 40 dollars. This is the best book I own
Lemke Climbs
The Pacific Coast to the Great Plains = My Playground
"Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping"
"When you come to face what you fear, let the creator guide you"
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

I snagged the copy at Bent Gate around the first of the year, not sure if they have any in back. Solid book.

I frequent used shops quite a bit and will keep my eyes peeled. I'm surprised there are no listings on abebooks.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Ordered from Books a million a couple of days ago- they must not update their site very often because I quickly got an email saying it was backordered. I called Bent Gate this morning- they said no, but whoever I talked to only checked the computer, not the bookshelf so maybe they do have it. Thanks everyone for keeping your eyes peeled.

Kruck- great snowpack in Cooke City, at least up high- we were skiing some good lines like Abiathar.
gb
Trip Reports (26)

Post by gb »

Bump, but I'll bump with a photo, so it's better than just a bump, hopefully someone has seen a copy recently. This is Abiathar a week ago- it's one of the peaks in this book.