Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Official Gear Storage Thread

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds
User avatar
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby my5sons » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 pm

After reading thru all these gear closet threads I'm offically depressed! :( This is my current gear closet that is used for myself and a couple of my boys. Any of you that have way too much(and you know who you are) feel free to donate anything that is not being used or taking up too much space. :lol:
gearcloset5.JPG
gearcloset5.JPG (93.37 KiB) Viewed 1005 times

User avatar
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:31 pm
Location: SE Wyoming

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby Wyoming Bob » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Also after reading this thread I realized I did not need to dig through stuff on shelves, so I headed for Lowes and ended with two sheets of pegboard. A section of shelves came down in the garage and the board went up. Problem with pegboard is that if you want to go beyond pegs, like take the step to baskets, you have to order them online (I live in WY). Even then you have to settle for commercially available sizes and designs and pay shipping . . . the result is a bunch of $10+ dollar baskets after a week or 10 day wait.

If nothing else, those 5 years at the old CS of M did something for me, I knew I could build a mousetrap, maybe not a better one . . . but at least one with sections to hold Gu, trail mix, and the like and another to hold my maps. The idea was to put my standard last second "oh yea . . . " items out in the open.
Attachments
mapbox.jpg
mapbox.jpg (140.91 KiB) Viewed 882 times
pegboardtray.jpg
pegboardtray.jpg (177.46 KiB) Viewed 882 times
Wyoming Bob
www.climbingwithbob.com
Win some . . . lose some . . . CaSO4.2H2O.

User avatar
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby MtnClimber82 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:04 am

Wyoming Bob wrote:Also after reading this thread I realized I did not need to dig through stuff on shelves, so I headed for Lowes and ended with two sheets of pegboard. A section of shelves came down in the garage and the board went up. Problem with pegboard is that if you want to go beyond pegs, like take the step to baskets, you have to order them online (I live in WY). Even then you have to settle for commercially available sizes and designs and pay shipping . . . the result is a bunch of $10+ dollar baskets after a week or 10 day wait.

If nothing else, those 5 years at the old CS of M did something for me, I knew I could build a mousetrap, maybe not a better one . . . but at least one with sections to hold Gu, trail mix, and the like and another to hold my maps. The idea was to put my standard last second "oh yea . . . " items out in the open.


Now THIS is a great idea! I will be stealing it, thank you very much.

User avatar
Posts: 1702
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby susanjoypaul » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am

Wyoming Bob wrote:If nothing else, those 5 years at the old CS of M did something for me, I knew I could build a mousetrap, maybe not a better one . . . but at least one with sections to hold Gu, trail mix, and the like and another to hold my maps. The idea was to put my standard last second "oh yea . . . " items out in the open.

What? No banana tray?

I like your idea of making the "oh yeah" items more obvious. I'm usually very good at remembering everything, but I forgot my hot chocolate yesterday, probably because my thermos was sitting behind the compost tray next to the kitchen sink, instead of in its usual spot with the Nalgene bottles. Dang it. Would have been really good up there, with that chicken salad sandwich.

User avatar
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am
Location: Evergreen, CO

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby HuskyRunner » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Reviving an old thread now that I finally have the gear somewhat organized. Most of the junk is in one room now, bikes, skis, snowshoes, canoe and dog sled are still in the garage.

ImageGuides and maps by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr

ImageOutdoor clothing by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr

ImageMisc. storage (beacons, crampons) by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr

ImageTents and climbing gear by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr

ImageBoots and Packs by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr

ImageBoots and Puffies by thecrankymonkey, on Flickr



Really like the peg-board bins, especially the map holder
"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey." David Archuleta
"And if they get out there they see, son of a bitch, this is a beautiful planet." Jim Whittaker

User avatar
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby aliciaf » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:27 pm

Here's our new and improved gear storage since we moved from our apartment to a house with a garage!!

rsz_1img_20140319_145804.jpg
gear storage
rsz_1img_20140319_145804.jpg (122.38 KiB) Viewed 368 times

Online
User avatar
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 pm

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby nsaladin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:34 pm

aliciaf wrote:Here's our new and improved gear storage since we moved from our apartment to a house with a garage!!

rsz_1img_20140319_145804.jpg


well damn, that's about as nice as it gets!

User avatar
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am
Location: Evergreen, CO

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby HuskyRunner » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:44 pm

nsaladin wrote:
aliciaf wrote:Here's our new and improved gear storage since we moved from our apartment to a house with a garage!!

rsz_1img_20140319_145804.jpg


well damn, that's about as nice as it gets!


Very organized!
"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey." David Archuleta
"And if they get out there they see, son of a bitch, this is a beautiful planet." Jim Whittaker

User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:10 am
Location: Monument, CO

Re: Official Gear Storage Thread

Postby rharriman » Thu May 15, 2014 5:15 pm

Lots of good ideas in this thread and I plan to organize my garage and utility room with some but also found this thread with some more good Ideas and thought I would share it.


http://www.listotic.com/brilliant-garage-organization-ideas/

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cory1223oh, drewski, Merc1980, mountainrev, mtree, painless4u2, tdallred, thurs and 26 guests