Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Elbert Saturday?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Elbert Saturday?

Postby nessles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Anyone interested in doing Elbert on Saturday? Winds will be gusty but clear skies for the day. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Re: Elbert Saturday?

Postby Presto » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 pm

As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby jdorje » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm

Interested in going tomorrow instead?
-Jason Dorje Short

Postby Presto » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 pm

:lol: :wink: (sometimes, this is just way too easy)
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM

Postby nessles » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:46 pm

jdorje wrote:Interested in going tomorrow instead?

Sorry, have class. Wind looks good for tomorrow though.

Weather seems to be changing pretty quickly - http://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Mount-Elbert/forecasts/4399

Looking to get out on any 14er this weekend, although it looks like the wind and snow are going to be a factor throughout the state.

Postby skerryjones » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm

I was thinking of doing Oxford or Missouri this weekend. The slopes going to Oxford are pretty gentle. Missouri is a little steeper.

Postby druid2112 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 pm

I'd be down for something Saturday. Trusting one of you knows how to get closer to the TH than I can get in my Sentra.
"You can't really dust for vomit." - Nigel Tufnel

Postby skerryjones » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm

My hiking/climbing plans have moved to Sunday, so I am out for Saturday.