Routes similar to Kelso Ridge on Torrey's?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Exiled Michigander
14ers: 58  7 
Trip Reports (20)

Re: Routes similar to Kelso Ridge on Torrey's?

Post by Exiled Michigander »

Kelso Ridge is indeed a very fun route, and not that big of a commitment (close to Denver, short hike). I need to do that one again sometime.

The seldom-traveled north ridge of Democrat might be to your liking as well, although it's a bit farther from Denver and a longer hike.
Stone_man
14ers: 58  11 
13ers: 102
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Routes similar to Kelso Ridge on Torrey's?

Post by Stone_man »

ChrisinAZ wrote:It's not close to Denver, but Ellingwood's SE ridge is a real treat.
Think you mean the SW Ridge on Ellingwood. I would concur on the aesthetic quality of that route--probably one of the top 14er ridge scrambling routes I've been on as well.

I would agree with what Brian said on the IPW, too. The SE ridge on Audobon, N. Ridge on Mt. Neva, and Arapaho traverse were some that I thoroughly enjoyed in that area.

Cooper's CO Scrambles book also has a good collection of routes, many of which have been mentioned here.