Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

New Golite Tent

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

New Golite Tent

Postby WarDamnPanic » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:47 am

Stores should have them by mid-march, Website says late-April for online sales.

http://www.golite.com/Imogene-UL2-P47000.aspx

Our lightest weight free-standing tent ever. Roomy enough for two, light enough for one. Setting the standard for ultra-lightweight livable space.
Trail Weight: 2 lbs 6 oz. | 1.07 kg
Packaged Weight: 2 lbs 11 oz. | 1.22 kg

Re: New Golite Tent

Postby HuskyRunner » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Looks like a nice tent, any idea what the price will be? 30 Square feet for 2 people is fine for a little while but is a little tight.

Another interesting shelter coming out from Mountainsmith this spring: http://mountainsmith.com/index.php/tents-sleeping-bags/tents/mountain-shelter-lt.html
"I made up my mind not to care so much about the destination, and simply enjoy the journey." David Archuleta
"And if they get out there they see, son of a bitch, this is a beautiful planet." Jim Whittaker

Postby yedi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:18 pm

That Mountainsmith reminds me a lot of the Integral Designs Silshelter:

http://www.moontrail.com/integral-designs-silshelter.php

Postby WarDamnPanic » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Price on the website says $250

Postby MUni Rider » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:20 pm

New one from Big Agnes. I just got a new tent last year, but this one makes me want a new tent again. 2 lbs, full tent.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Tent/scoutul2
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby RosieTheSummiter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm

I prefer something more along the lines of the Mega Princess Elite which features the tent - air matress combination.
Attachments
tent.jpg
tent.jpg (67.62 KiB) Viewed 807 times
"Don't get mad, get altitude."

Postby GregMiller » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 pm

FYI the Golite store in Denver had the Imogene UL2 and UL3, and has a UL2 set up.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby pvnisher » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:51 pm

At 78 inches long you'd better not be vertically advantaged. Most tents need to be 92" for me not to be pressing against them with my bag at head or foot.