Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Trip Report Photo Formatting

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Trip Report Photo Formatting

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

NEW!
Format your photos within trip reports

I've added a formatting area on the TR Add/Edit pages so you can customize your photo borders/captions to avoid the bland, borderless, default look in your trip reports. I'm sure most of you would rather choose your photo borders instead of having me code some less-than-creative default, so feel free to pick your own! Using multiple borders, different border types and widths and a palette which includes millions of colors, you can pick a scheme that will be unique. For now, the borders are applied to all photos in your trip report but down the road, I hope to provide this functionality for each, individual photo.

I hope you find it useful and (as usual) if you encounter any problems using the new stuff, feel free to post in this thread.

Here are a few examples:

EDIT: As seen in the last two screenshots, I added an "Italics" option to the caption area.

Re: Trip Report Photo Formatting

Postby d_baker » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:03 pm

I hope we don't see too many of the dotted frames!
I like the additional options though!

Bill, what do you think about having an option to center the photos instead of a left alignment?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Sure. I have a long list of changes I want to make to the TR formatting (including image left/center/right positioning and word-wrapping or not) but much of it will have to wait until I make some database changes that I've been putting off. My goal for this last round of enhancements was to get the photo border customization portion done and implemented. Now, before I overhaul the TR format, I need to get those changes done or I'll be adding a lot of re-testing.

Once I complete those changes, I'd also like to provide the new photo-format options at the individual photo level instead of all photos in the TR.

Postby TallGrass » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

d_baker wrote:I hope we don't see too many of the dotted frames!
You think they'd be any more popular if Bill changed the dots to snowflakes? Image Image Image :-"
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Postby d_baker » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm

No.

Postby DeTour » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Had trouble with the caption background color. Moving the slide bar didn't change the numeric color values, so it stayed stuck on black. I got it to work by copy/pasting values from one of the other color setting windows, but I'm guessing that's not the intended method. :)
when you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:59 pm

DeTour wrote:Had trouble with the caption background color. Moving the slide bar didn't change the numeric color values, so it stayed stuck on black. I got it to work by copy/pasting values from one of the other color setting windows, but I'm guessing that's not the intended method. :)

For the caption, it starts at #000000 so after moving the slider you must click a color on the left, in the large color box. That should get you a color selection