Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Using a Tablet?

Check here for updates to the forum and site.
Site Administrator

Using a Tablet?

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:00 pm

When 14ers.com detects that you're using a tablet device to browse the site, it should now default your view to the full-site instead of the mobile version. The mobile versions of the site and forum should still be displayed when you access the site from other mobile devices (phone, ipod). I've tested this it for iPad and Microsoft Surface tablets but don't own any others so, if you have a tablet and you're being redirected to mobile.14ers.com when you go to www.14ers.com, please post here or PM me the type of tablet you're using.

Microsoft Surface users:
  • Currently, only Surface tablets using Windows RT will be detected, not the new ones running full-blown Win8, yet.
  • You may notice Adobe Flash does not work on the site. I have yet to submit information to Microsoft to get on their "approved sites" list but I will. To avoid seeing the missing Flash message on the home page, you could change your 14ers.com Display Settings to display random photos or a Google Map on the home page, instead.
"There's no recess and no rules in the school of life" - D. Mustaine

Location: Little-Town; Front Ranger During the Week, Off Piste or close to it on the Weekends

Re: Using a Tablet?

Postby mtnbikir » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Works perfect with Nexus 7 on five different browsers.. Android 4.2.1 You da man

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:23 am

mtnbikir wrote:Works perfect with Nexus 7 on five different browsers.. Android 4.2.1 You da man

Nice! Thanks for letting me know

Postby ElectricMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm

Or if you prefer to view the site with the mobile version on 7" tablets you can do so by bookmarking the mobile site address. I find it preferable on my Nexus 7.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:08 pm

ElectricMan wrote:Or if you prefer to view the site with the mobile version on 7" tablets you can do so by bookmarking the mobile site address. I find it preferable on my Nexus 7.

That's true, however, when you view the forum pages, it will still show the "full" version on your tablet.

So, if you surf mostly on your Nexus, you might want to check out the "mobile" forum style setting in the User Control Panel (the gear icon near the top of the forum). It's much more streamlined for smaller viewing.

Postby CO Native » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:37 pm

I get directed to the normal front page using my Kindle Fire HD. It all works great besides the summit pano image since it uses flash.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com