Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Snow this year?

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Snow this year?

Postby _NW_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:36 am

Just wondering if the snowfall amount overall is similar to last year or better?

Re: Snow this year?

Postby Scott P » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:41 am

It depends on where you are in the state, but statewide it's currently about equal to last year.

ftp[img]://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Snow/snow/watershed/daily/basinplotstate13.gif[/img]
Last edited by Scott P on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby shaunster_co » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:44 am

I was just comparing Snotel data from last year at this time in the IPW / RMNP area. On average, in the Front Range zone we appear to be about 33% less than this exact same time last year (which wasn't good to begin with). For example the Bear Lake Snotel at 30" last year, compared to 20" right now, etc. . However, the snowpack started catching up going in to Feb in this zone, and while not a great year last year - Feb/Mar were okay. I sure others could offer more precise data, this was just my own glance.

I think we need to sacrifice a virgin to Ullr.... It's the only way.

Postby Scott P » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:55 am

I am unable to edit my post above (it keeps giving me a SQL technical error when I try to edit), but here's a link:

ftp://ftp-fc.sc.egov.usda.gov/CO/Snow/snow/watershed/daily/basinplotstate13.gif
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby ajkagy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:52 pm

the snow sucks everywhere except for steamboat/wolf creek and Irwin...all with around 140 inches for the year so far. About a 60 inch base around irwin/ruby range, the skiing is good up there right now.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.

Postby mtnduck9 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 pm

:lol: Good luck finding a virgin.... :lol: :lol:

Postby _NW_ » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Yea it was my first time in Co last year and I went in May. Looking for some 14er snow action for this year, trying to decide where to go.