Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

something in the park

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

something in the park

Postby tlerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I am climbing something in RMNP this Saturday, maybe Hagues or Fairchild. Possibly Hallett. Looking to do a 6:00 am start.

Let me know if you are interested. I did Mummy Mountain a couple of weeks ago and barely needed snowshoes and it does not appear much has changed.

Tim

Re: something in the park

Postby schrund » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:00 pm

FYI- Saturday is Winter Trails Day at the Park and Ride Lot neat Glacier Basin, may be a bit crowded: http://rockymountainhikingtrails.blogspot.com/2013/01/winter-trails-day-in-rocky-mountain.html
We did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams... as "wild". Only to the white man was nature a "wilderness".
-Luther Standing Bear, Oglala Chief

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:51 pm

tlerunner wrote: I did Mummy Mountain a couple of weeks ago and barely needed snowshoes and it does not appear much has changed.

What route did you take for Mummy?
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: DeCaLibron

Postby VagabondSurveyor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm

I was hoping from the title that this would be something a little creepier... Like you saw a ghost or something in Cheeseman Park.

Postby tlerunner » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Sorry to lead you on with the title. Tough competition these days, i.e. Bigfoot, glowing eyes, etc. :)

For Mummy I took the Lawn Lake up to the Black Canyon trail, which had seen no travel. It was a short bush wack though deep snow to tree line. From there it was mostly blown dry to the summit. Saw a herd of big horns at ~12k'.