Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Some reflections on the 3rd anniversary of moving to Colorado, as narrated by Jerry Garcia:
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Old school music is where its at, but sometimes you just gotta get down with the WU.

Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby SilverLynx » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 pm

LOVE this song!

And for the record, the only jacket I brought with me on my first 14er was cotton and was purchased at Goodwill. 8)
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Tony1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am

SilverLynx wrote:LOVE this song!

And for the record, the only jacket I brought with me on my first 14er was cotton and was purchased at Goodwill. 8)

And the parody version:

Postby d_baker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm

listen to the lyrics.....kick ass.

Postby planet54 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:41 pm

"The world is a great book,of which they that never stir from home read only a page." St. Augustine
"Climbing K2 or floating the Grand Canyon in an innertube;there are some things one would rather have done than do." Edward Abbey

Postby tommyboy360 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Here's something new from the electronic genre: Ultraista - Smalltalk
Amazing first album (dropped late 2012) from a trio that includes Radiohead's producer. Yes, you can obviously hear the Radiohead influence but it's Laura's vocals that steal the show.

“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Included on a promo CD compilation from Spin Magazine back in the day:
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Let's get this Friday started. 8)

~Nelson Mandela

~Steve Jobs

Postby Vermont Mike » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Ha! I remember buying that No Alternative album back in the day for that Pumpkins song, and for the hidden Nirvana track. There's a few other good ones on that compilation as well.

PreviousNext