Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Cupid and Grizzly 1/16

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Cupid and Grizzly 1/16

Postby Scotzman » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm hoping to be able to make the Quandary winter hike on the 19th and want to get a warm-up hike in before. Last happy hour someone had mentioned these as reasonable warm-up/starter hikes and my day off this week falls on Wed 16th. I'm tentatively hoping to get up that way and at least get my first 13er and hopefully second! Anyone else interested? Feel free to send me a PM or reply.
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Re: Cupid and Grizzly 1/16

Postby jmc5040 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

I think I was telling you about Cupid and Grizzly. Glad you are getting out there next Wednesday, hopefully it's a good day. I'd definitely plan for some wind regardless of the forecast to play it safe. I'm not sure if I mentioned it and maybe you've checked it out already, but the below link will hook you up with some good upfront planning info. Mt. Sniktau is a nice short hike off of Loveland Pass too. I'm hoping to do the Quandary hike on the 19th as well.

http://www.13ers.com/peaks/peak.php?peakkey=3220&peak=Grizzly+Peak+D
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

Re: Cupid and Grizzly 1/16

Postby aliciaf » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

I *may* be up for it.