Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

AIARE I class Silverton, Co

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

AIARE I class Silverton, Co

Postby dehrlich101 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Anyone interested in taking the Level I Decision making in Avalanche Terrain at the Silverton Avalanche School January 25 - 27th and splitting gas money for the drive down?

http://avyschool.com

http://level1jan25to27.eventbrite.com

PM or email @ dehrlich101@yahoo.com
Last edited by dehrlich101 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Re: AAIRE I class Silverton, Co

Postby davebobk47 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm taking the class this weekend. At least we've gone some snow. Hopefully you guys will have more.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

Re: AIARE I class Silverton, Co

Postby dehrlich101 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm

davebobk47 wrote:I'm taking the class this weekend. At least we've gone some snow. Hopefully you guys will have more.

Looks like you'll be getting snow right in time for the class! Good luck and have fun.

BUMP! Anyone interested?! This school is said to be the most respected in avalanche education, its a long drive but it'll be worth it.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

LOJ

Postby davebobk47 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Class is awesome. Got to check out a recent small avy near the top of Loveland pass. Enjoy the class, definitely worth while.
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

Postby dehrlich101 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Bump! Still looking for someone to car pool to Silverton with for the AIARE I class from the Silverton Avalanche School. Class is $295 and runs Jan 25 -27th. Only 7 spots remaining.

http://avyschool.com/courses.html

http://level1jan25to27.eventbrite.com

LOJ

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

This is indeed one of the best in the country. Some of the instructors usually stay at my good friend Mike's place in town. Interesting folks. I think 3 times taking avy I is my limit though.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:43 pm

People should consider this offer though. Great class, great instructors, and I can't of a better CO town to spend a Jan weekend in.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby gonzalj » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Hmmm, for some reason my previous post didn't go up. I've signed up for the class & plan to leave Denver that Thursday for Silverton. I haven't booked lodging yet, but was planning to do so soon, so if you want to carpool & split lodging dehrlich, then let me know?

Postby dehrlich101 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:12 pm

gonzalj wrote:Hmmm, for some reason my previous post didn't go up. I've signed up for the class & plan to leave Denver that Thursday for Silverton. I haven't booked lodging yet, but was planning to do so soon, so if you want to carpool & split lodging dehrlich, then let me know?

PM'd

LOJ