Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Harvard Sunday 1/13

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Harvard Sunday 1/13

Postby I Man » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:08 am

Is anyone interested in hiking Mt Harvard from Frenchmen Creek on Sunday 1/13? The route is roughly 16-18 miles and I am not expecting much of a trench (last CR was from late December). It would be a long day but doable with enough people. So far we have 2-3. Post or PM :-D
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Re: Harvard Sunday 1/13

Postby I Man » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:36 pm

It looks like we have enough interest to make this happen. Our group is going to try Harvard from Frenchmen Creek this Sunday. We are planning to leave the TH around 430am.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby I Man » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 am

Anyone else? Right now we have 4. Here is the forecast for Sunday:

Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

Postby LynnKH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:37 am

It looks like it is just you responding so far. Remember, multiple personalities don't actually count as hiking partners.

...good luck up there! Sorry I'm distracted by sea level stuff.

Postby I Man » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 am

LynnKH wrote:

Say Hi to Mr M Mouse for me please 8) \:D/

Postby LynnKH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 am

I Man wrote:
LynnKH wrote:

Say Hi to Mr M Mouse for me please 8) \:D/

You got it, buddy!

Postby MNHiker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm definitely interested. The only issue is I have a Honda Civic and most likely couldn't make it up to the TH. If there's anyway I could meet someone before the TH and get a ride up, I'd be up for joining the group. Is that a possibility?

Postby I Man » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm

MNHiker wrote:I'm definitely interested. The only issue is I have a Honda Civic and most likely couldn't make it up to the TH. If there's anyway I could meet someone before the TH and get a ride up, I'd be up for joining the group. Is that a possibility?

Out of the 5 people going, only 1 has a 4wd. We are planning to meet at the TH. Based on the most recent TH update, I expect the road to be gated 0.3 miles from the Hwy 24 turnoff. Worst case, we add 0.6 miles to our day, best case, we catch a ride with the guy with the truck.

Postby GermanLovesHiking » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:56 am

I Man wrote:Anyone else? Right now we have 4. Here is the forecast for Sunday:

Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5. West wind 5 to 10 mph.

Just wondering where you got this forecast from, looks like it is quite different when I look at the weather--"A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 11am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -3. Wind chill values between -30 and -40. West southwest wind 5 to 10 mph." I just want to make sure your group is prepared for these temperatures/conditions. Be safe out there.

Postby I Man » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:01 am

Don't worry, I am bringing an extra long sleeve shirt and just picked up a new cotton sweatshirt. If it gets cold ill call my mommy.

Postby GermanLovesHiking » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 am

Oh, that's a relief. *eyeroll* Maybe, if you still have all your digits, your mommy can give you a lollipop afterward. I'll make a note not to be concerned for your well-being in the future.

Postby Cookiehiker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I Man wrote:Don't worry, I am bringing an extra long sleeve shirt and just picked up a new cotton sweatshirt. If it gets cold ill call my mommy.

And don't forget the knitted scarf she made you....would make a nice summit mantle picture for mom. :wink:

Next