RMNP moved the Longs Peak webcam

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
dpage
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 28 3
Trip Reports (1)

RMNP moved the Longs Peak webcam

Post by dpage »

You can find the link for the cam towards the bottom of the page.I think I kind of like this view better.
http://www.nps.gov/romo/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Re: RMNP moved the Longs Peak webcam

Post by Dave B »

Wow! What an improvement!

Thanks for the heads up!

Although I'm thinking their thermometer might need some calibrating. Or is is really that warm in Estes Today?

Make wilderness less accessible.
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

Holy crap! Thats a huge improvement over the lame one they had
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!
bking14ers
14ers: 49 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (0)

Post by bking14ers »

Love the new camera placement! I know jusy where they put it. Some land in the viewing area was for sale a few years ago. I would've gave my left nut for it. Every time I log onto the computer I always look at the Longs Peak, and Glacier Basin web-cams. Very seldom they don't work. Often snow coverd though. Yes the temp. is obviously very wrong on occasion. I've seen -50 below to +143deg. before.
Everything you want in life is on the other side of fear. -- Margaret T.
You'll never have a better chance to climb that mountain than you do today. -- Dave C.
Dude! I knew you would cave-in once we got up there. -- Dean G.
Bean
14ers: 45  45  10 
13ers: 9 4
Trip Reports (27)

Post by Bean »

Dave B wrote:Although I'm thinking their thermometer might need some calibrating. Or is is really that warm in Estes Today?
It is. Love the new view.
"There are no hard 14ers, but some are easier than others." - Scott P
http://throughpolarizedeyes.com
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Bean wrote:
Dave B wrote:Although I'm thinking their thermometer might need some calibrating. Or is is really that warm in Estes Today?
Interesting. The image I'd linked to read over 56 degrees yesterday when I posted that. I guess it must update automatically.
Make wilderness less accessible.
herdbull
14ers: 58 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (1)

Post by herdbull »

Dave B wrote:
Bean wrote:
Interesting. The image I'd linked to read over 56 degrees yesterday when I posted that. I guess it must update automatically.
by gosh it does appear to be updating automatically. Hmmmmm :-k wonder how a guy could make that his desktop background?
ChrisRoberts
14ers: 12 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ChrisRoberts »

herdbull wrote:
by gosh it does appear to be updating automatically. Hmmmmm :-k wonder how a guy could make that his desktop background?
Right click on the image, it should give you that option
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
NoCoChris: Now with less Colorado!