Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Subaru Recall

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Subaru Recall

Postby TallGrass » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:54 pm

If you see a Suby smoking at the trailhead, maybe it's because... "Subaru of America is recalling more than 630,000 vehicles because water could get into lights on the side mirrors, possibly leading to a fire. The models being recalled are certain 2009 to 2012 Subaru Forester SUVs, the 2010 to 2011 Legacy sedan, the 2010 to 2011 Outback wagon and the 2006 to 2012 Tribeca SUV. ... Subaru dealers will repair the problem free of charge." -- http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/03/autos/subaru-recall/index.html
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

Re: Subaru Recall

Postby jmc5040 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks for posting. It sounds like my vehicle may be a candidate for the repair based on the article.
"My senses become heightened and the stresses of life fade with each step I take further from civilization. When I'm in the wilderness my brain and body work seamlessly together to do their finest work - a single flowing track down one of natures high peaks." - Jeremy Jones

Postby Keldog » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Fletch wrote:Bumper sticker and roof rack guys must really be sweating this out...

Ha! Don't forget the Lesbocrats
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.

Postby EatinHardtack » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Keldog wrote:Ha! Don't forget the Lesbocrats

Wow 20 posts in three years and you grace us with this gem. Nice work idiot.
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Postby Mark A Steiner » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:45 pm

With all the Subaru threads out there, and to keep this from going Off Route, maybe members can share any experiences with their own vehicles in line with what precipitated the recall. The info could be useful.
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Good day.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Damn. I thought they were permanently recalling all of the Subarus so I70 would be manageable.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Someone get a hold of Ryan (CoMedic04) - his long sought questions could be answered at his neighborhood Subaru dealership.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby dmccool » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:26 pm

EatinHardtack wrote:
Keldog wrote:Ha! Don't forget the Lesbocrats

Wow 20 posts in three years and you grace us with this gem. Nice work idiot.

Well put, Zach =D>
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby SolarAlex » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 pm

RoanMtnMan wrote:Damn. I thought they were permanently recalling all of the Subarus so I70 would be manageable.

=D>

Postby jsdratm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Thanks for the notice, I just bought one a month or so ago and it is probably impacted

Postby dubsho3000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:55 pm

Fletch wrote:
Mark A Steiner wrote:With all the Subaru threads out there, and to keep this from going Off Route, maybe members can share any experiences with their own vehicles in line with what precipitated the recall. The info could be useful.

Well, like most recalls, it's just preventative. But if you walk out to your car one day and your side mirrors are on fire, then yes, you want to take it to your dealer.

And we're just kidding about Subarus. Sort of. Every time I feel they get a bum rap, I see some A-Hole driving 30 mph over the speed limit on the freeway median with a "Never Summer" or "Native" sticker attached to the back who just feels he's entitled to drive like he's Cole Trickle. Or, the opposite. Some nice 50-something lady driving 30 mph on 285 with three roof racks and a trailer - just buy a vacation house already!

(grrr...)

Are you telling us that subaru drivers are also part of the general cross-section of drivers? Shocking!

I'm disappointed in you Fletch - sophomoric at best.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 pm

The Cole Trickle reference was worth it. Sophomoric or not.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Next