Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (January)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (January)

Postby wildlobo71 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Trainer Keri wrote:I'll be there...and there's not just beer??? =D>

...there's darts.

Let's keep it simple; cricket is the game; conventional scoring applies. My winner's flavor of the night will be Chainbreaker White.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby geojed » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:40 pm

I should be able to make this one. \:D/
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am

One last reminder that we'll congregate at the upstairs bar. Punch Bowl is staggeringly big, but upstairs is a bit more quiet and intimate. It's like a small establishment unto itself. The easiest way to find it is just to ask the door guy/hostess when you walk in, but if you're stubborn, the stairway is near the bowling alley. I should be there right around 6 or a few minutes after.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby MtnChick » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:One last reminder that we'll congregate at the upstairs bar. Punch Bowl is staggeringly big, but upstairs is a bit more quiet and intimate. It's like a small establishment unto itself. The easiest way to find it is just to ask the door guy/hostess when you walk in, but if you're stubborn, the stairway is near the bowling alley. I should be there right around 6 or a few minutes after.

Sounds like Goldy wants to get bromantic in the upstairs bar. Bring your beards....

Postby matt pierce » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Marcia and I are coming...

Postby GregMiller » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm

MtnChick wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:One last reminder that we'll congregate at the upstairs bar. Punch Bowl is staggeringly big, but upstairs is a bit more quiet and intimate. It's like a small establishment unto itself. The easiest way to find it is just to ask the door guy/hostess when you walk in, but if you're stubborn, the stairway is near the bowling alley. I should be there right around 6 or a few minutes after.

Sounds like Goldy wants to get bromantic in the upstairs bar. Bring your beards....

Is this something I should be afraid of? (as in, should I shave before I show up?) :shock:
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby nkan02 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Plan to stop by for a short while.

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm

farcedude wrote:Is this something I should be afraid of? (as in, should I shave before I show up?) :shock:

Depends on how much you like rubbing beards with other dudes... :wft:
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:49 pm

You say that like it's a weird thing.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby MonGoose » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 pm

In the spirit of fairness and impartiality, Jeff is equally willing to rub beards with any of you ladies who so desire.

Postby Scotzman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Anyone know by chance how big the parking lot is, as in a pretty certain chance there will be a spot in it? Orrrr, anyone driving south that is passing Westminster/Arvada way?

I'm not afraid of any bearded men, btw. :twisted:
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Scotzman wrote:Anyone know by chance how big the parking lot is, as in a pretty certain chance there will be a spot in it? Orrrr, anyone driving south that is passing Westminster/Arvada way?

I'm not afraid of any bearded men, btw. :twisted:

It's not large, perhaps 30-40 cars total... it will probably be full. Street parking in the neighborhood to the west is the easiest.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

PreviousNext