Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski Mountaineering in Alaska - Recruiting a few partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Ski Mountaineering in Alaska - Recruiting a few partners

Postby ulvetano » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Putting together a trip to Little Switzerland for this Spring. The date of the trip is April 13-21st.
I would like to find 2-4 more interested skier/climbers to join and have 4-6 total on the trip. This will be an unguided trip, so you need to be up to speed on winter camping, glacier travel, etc.

Shoot me a note if interested in learning more. You can also check out Eli's site (http://climbinglife.com/alaskan-ski-mountaineering/2010-alaska-ski-mountaineering-tr.html) for an idea of what I'm aiming for. I'd love to go with him, but can't afford it, so putting together my own trip.

Chuck
Attachments
ski.akrange.stock-23.jpg
ski.akrange.stock-23.jpg (57.31 KiB) Viewed 534 times

Re: Ski Mountaineering in Alaska - Recruiting a few partners

Postby jmibarra » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:31 pm

i just moved up here to AK this season. Are you still looking for partners for this trip??
The goal isn't ski the mountains, nor to climb the mountains. Rather the goal is to be admitted by the mountain, to become one, to coexist. In those moments you will find peace, you will find happiness. In those moments you will find your reward.

Postby ulvetano » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm

I am. Currently at 2 committed and 4 strong maybes. I'll cap at 6 people sure. Can you PM with with some info about yourself, experience, and questions for me?

Postby ulvetano » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Bump.

Dates are updated to flying into Anchorage 3/11, starting 'expedition' on the 12th, flying back to Denver on 3/21. Currently we have Den-Anchorage flights booked and TAT puddle (glacier) jumper is reserved. Still coordinating broad trip goals with the team, so if you want to join, now's the time.
PM if interested. Chuck \:D/