Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds

For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby pstew85 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 am

I'm looking to trade my Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT. The Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT tent is a great, all season, 2 person tent. I used it for a 6 day AAI class on Mt. Baker in 2011. That's it. I planned to use it more but it has been sitting in my basement ever since. My priorities have changed and I no longer need this. I would, however, like a free standing tent that I can get more use out of. The Nallo 2 GT is awesome, but not ideal for car camping and 1-night stays at a trailhead when I just need a few hours of sleep.

I'm not exactly sure what I want, so if anyone is looking to trade let me know what you have. I do know that I want a free standing tent. Ease of setup is a huge consideration for me now. 3 season is fine. Something on the lighter end is better, since I may still use it for backpacking every now and then. Also, I'd be willing to sell this as opposed to trade if the price is right.

Here is a link to the Nallo 2 GT: http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/nallo/nallo2gt.php
I bought it new from Bent Gate and have the receipt and user manual. There is a small hole which needs to be patched from a mouse chewing through the tent when I used it on Mt. Baker. I can send pics upon request. I am hoping to wait for the snow to melt to set it up and take pics. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,
Patrick

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby Dave B » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 am

Are you looking for another 2 person tent?

I've got an REI Arete 3 3+ season tent that is free standing. Weighs ~5 lbs.
No one cares that you don't like hoppy beers.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Dave B wrote:Are you looking for another 2 person tent?

I've got an REI Arete 3 3+ season tent that is free standing. Weighs ~5 lbs.

I will buy you a new REI Arete 3 or any other REI tent for that Hilleberg. Though it would weigh on my conscience.

Seriously, just sell the Hilleberg on EBay and buy something else, pocketing a few hundred dollars along the way. There aren't many tents which are worth a straight trade for a Hilleberg.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm

lordhelmut wrote:Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).

I haven't used the Arete, but a Hilleberg for an REI tent? Seriously? That's like a Sportsmobile for a Minivan.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

Postby Dave B » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Trying to attribute some level of amorality to the tent I offered as a trade is a bit of a stretch, no?

The OP specifically is offering to trade his tent for another that meets a certain set of criteria. I have a tent that I felt met those criteria and offered it as a trade.

I do agree that the value for the two is mismatched. I also agree with the fact that selling it on ebay and buying a new tent is a better decision. Hopefully, the OP will pursue that path and will end up with a bomber new tent and a couple hundred bucks in his pocket as well. That way we can all feel good about ourselves.

Nevertheless, the offer stands.
No one cares that you don't like hoppy beers.

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Dave B wrote:Trying to attribute some level of amorality to the tent I offered as a trade is a bit of a stretch, no?

The OP specifically is offering to trade his tent for another that meets a certain set of criteria. I have a tent that I felt met those criteria and offered it as a trade.

I do agree that the value for the two is mismatched. I also agree with the fact that selling it on ebay and buying a new tent is a better decision. Hopefully, the OP will pursue that path and will end up with a bomber new tent and a couple hundred bucks in his pocket as well. That way we can all feel good about ourselves.

Nevertheless, the offer stands.

Hey Dave, nothing personal, I just thought it was a little humorous. I do respect a good negotiation. If that deal works for the parties involved then great. My offer of a brand new REI tent of the OP's choosing in exchange for the Hilleberg also stands.

Contingent on inspection.

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 pm

RoanMtnMan wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).

I haven't used the Arete, but a Hilleberg for an REI tent? Seriously? That's like a Sportsmobile for a Minivan.

Arete is more like a Subaru Outback.

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:33 pm

By the way, there is a MH Drifter 3-season tent, 3-man, 5 lbs on SAC right now for 120$.............

Postby pstew85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:38 am

tent has been sold.