Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Info on gear, conditioning, and preparation for hiking/climbing. Gear Classifieds
User avatar
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Denver, CO

For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby pstew85 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am

I'm looking to trade my Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT. The Hilleberg Nallo 2 GT tent is a great, all season, 2 person tent. I used it for a 6 day AAI class on Mt. Baker in 2011. That's it. I planned to use it more but it has been sitting in my basement ever since. My priorities have changed and I no longer need this. I would, however, like a free standing tent that I can get more use out of. The Nallo 2 GT is awesome, but not ideal for car camping and 1-night stays at a trailhead when I just need a few hours of sleep.

I'm not exactly sure what I want, so if anyone is looking to trade let me know what you have. I do know that I want a free standing tent. Ease of setup is a huge consideration for me now. 3 season is fine. Something on the lighter end is better, since I may still use it for backpacking every now and then. Also, I'd be willing to sell this as opposed to trade if the price is right.

Here is a link to the Nallo 2 GT: http://www.hilleberg.com/home/products/nallo/nallo2gt.php
I bought it new from Bent Gate and have the receipt and user manual. There is a small hole which needs to be patched from a mouse chewing through the tent when I used it on Mt. Baker. I can send pics upon request. I am hoping to wait for the snow to melt to set it up and take pics. Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks,
Patrick

User avatar
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Fort Collins

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby Dave B » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:06 am

Are you looking for another 2 person tent?

I've got an REI Arete 3 3+ season tent that is free standing. Weighs ~5 lbs.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

User avatar
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: The High Country

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Dave B wrote:Are you looking for another 2 person tent?

I've got an REI Arete 3 3+ season tent that is free standing. Weighs ~5 lbs.


I will buy you a new REI Arete 3 or any other REI tent for that Hilleberg. Though it would weigh on my conscience.

Seriously, just sell the Hilleberg on EBay and buy something else, pocketing a few hundred dollars along the way. There aren't many tents which are worth a straight trade for a Hilleberg.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).

User avatar
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: The High Country

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:05 pm

lordhelmut wrote:Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).


I haven't used the Arete, but a Hilleberg for an REI tent? Seriously? That's like a Sportsmobile for a Minivan.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

User avatar
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Fort Collins

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby Dave B » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Trying to attribute some level of amorality to the tent I offered as a trade is a bit of a stretch, no?

The OP specifically is offering to trade his tent for another that meets a certain set of criteria. I have a tent that I felt met those criteria and offered it as a trade.

I do agree that the value for the two is mismatched. I also agree with the fact that selling it on ebay and buying a new tent is a better decision. Hopefully, the OP will pursue that path and will end up with a bomber new tent and a couple hundred bucks in his pocket as well. That way we can all feel good about ourselves.

Nevertheless, the offer stands.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

User avatar
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:07 pm
Location: The High Country

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby RoanMtnMan » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Dave B wrote:Trying to attribute some level of amorality to the tent I offered as a trade is a bit of a stretch, no?

The OP specifically is offering to trade his tent for another that meets a certain set of criteria. I have a tent that I felt met those criteria and offered it as a trade.

I do agree that the value for the two is mismatched. I also agree with the fact that selling it on ebay and buying a new tent is a better decision. Hopefully, the OP will pursue that path and will end up with a bomber new tent and a couple hundred bucks in his pocket as well. That way we can all feel good about ourselves.

Nevertheless, the offer stands.


Hey Dave, nothing personal, I just thought it was a little humorous. I do respect a good negotiation. If that deal works for the parties involved then great. My offer of a brand new REI tent of the OP's choosing in exchange for the Hilleberg also stands.

Contingent on inspection.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

www.CalebWrayPhotography.com

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:56 pm

RoanMtnMan wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:Most REI gear isn't worth defending, but that Arete is the exception. Its a solid tent, useful for a lot of stuff (in Colorado).


I haven't used the Arete, but a Hilleberg for an REI tent? Seriously? That's like a Sportsmobile for a Minivan.


Arete is more like a Subaru Outback.

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby lordhelmut » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 pm

By the way, there is a MH Drifter 3-season tent, 3-man, 5 lbs on SAC right now for 120$.............

User avatar
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:04 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: For Trade: Hilleberg tent, all season, 2 person

Postby pstew85 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am

tent has been sold.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests