Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:28 pm

metalmountain wrote:
bergsteigen wrote:This band and song have been resonating with me for a while now

The hipster in me loves their new album 'Babel', its just a very good album from beginning to end. If you haven't picked it up I would recommend it. The metal in me hates the hipster in me though...I have a headache.

:fight:

Haha same here, not typically into hipster music. I'll have to check out the album. My usual listening music is Korn, NIN or the like. While the music I actually play/perform is classical or jazz.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby CorduroyCalves » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:24 pm

I don't understand the fascination with Mumford & Sons, but as a metal guy, people don't understand the fascination with a lot of the stuff I listen to, either :)

One of my current favorite bands is The Sword, who just came out with a new album (their fourth) in October called Apocryphon. If you're a fan of old-school metal like Black Sabbath, you'll love these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di9EXkKCS8g
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm

A sad song for a tragic day...

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby ctlee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:58 pm

[quote="SilverLynx"]A sad song for a tragic day...

A nice tribute...I'm from CT and it hit really close to home..
Live as if you were to die tomorrow-learn as if you were to live forever-----Mahatma Gandhi

Postby Dave B » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:11 pm

While I've yet to scour all 68 pages of this thread the lack of good punk is deplorable.

"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Kiefer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 am

Good segway, Dave.

Couple from Joy Division. One of rock's greatest tragedies. :(

"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby Fisching » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:31 pm

In his soul searching recovery from a broken ankle, Tyler has stumbled upon a new instrument to express himself - the banjo. While the instrument, long a symbol of southern simpleness*, stands in juxtaposition to the antique books on the mahogany shelves behind him, he manages to illustrate the complexities of New York City's public transit.

*Embodied by Jeff Golden
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby butterflyer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:56 am

Muse!! love how their songs are all different, and they build in intensity for example survival is AWESOME!!

Postby SilverLynx » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:05 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby MountainMedic » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Don't worry, y'all. Since you were so in awe of the beauty that is the five-string banjo, more songs will come shortly. Avett, Mumford, Kingston, Cash, the likes.

Postby Sweet Surprise » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Some music for calendar winter:

Postby d_baker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Sweet Surprise wrote:Some music for calendar winter:

or Christmas!!

PreviousNext