Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

skiing tomorow

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

skiing tomorow

Postby telecus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm

I might be able to skip work tomorrow and do some skiing. I wondered if anyone would like to do some backcountry (side country really) skiing. I have all the gear and some years of experience. I will assume that you have avy gear and at least a little experience. I will be going to Monarch Pass from the springs so if your between here and there I could give you a ride. It sounds like it will be cold and windy so we may have to hide out in the trees. I will check this later so you can respond here or PM me. Thanks

Re: skiing tomorow

Postby EatinHardtack » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Myself and Screamingmarmot are playing hooky and leaving the springs for Monarch in the am. We are not going to venture in the backcountry right now though. Be safe out there if you do.

Re: skiing tomorow

Postby ajkagy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 pm

everything is super touchy right now. Went out last weekend and we were causing tons of shooting cracks + whomps skiing down some lower angle 25-30 degree slopes on north facing aspects. We also set off a few small slides on micro terrain features. It's even worse now with all the snow the last several days and avy warning right now, be ultra careful out there.

on a side note the roads will probably be super crappy or even closed in the morning tomorrow, drive safe.
http://www.resortbeta.com - An interactive ski/snowboard experience for all your favorite ski resorts.