Forum

Denver Happy Hour (December)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (December)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 pm

The joke's on us, because he's probably up hiking somewhere at 2,500 feet an hour right now.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:The joke's on us, because he's probably up hiking somewhere at 2,500 feet an hour right now.

I wouldn't be surprised!

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm

SilverLynx wrote:I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:

=D> =D> =D> That's hilarious!

On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby Scotzman » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Matt wrote:On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...

Not me, but if it goes unclaimed I'd be happy to go pick it up and pay off my parking ticket with it :P
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby kansas » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:53 am

skittlesboy360 wrote:Did Darrin pay $5 to attend the Cowboy bar? He gets a complimentary headset at the next happy hour.

We actually tried to follow since we were completely abandoned. Cute cowboys with headsets asking us for money had us running away.

I was just a lost hick in the big city with impaired decision making abilities. Last thing I remember about that night was being surrounded by a bunch of Garth Brooks impersonators.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 am

Matt wrote:
SilverLynx wrote:I would like to share my favorite quote of the evening:

"Must be nice... to be better than everyone else!"

The person who said it knows who he is! :lol:

=D> =D> =D> That's hilarious!

On a related note, how many people left their credit card at the Falling Rock overnight? I know of at least two (not me)...

Not sure who said that but he/she must have been a little tipsy and MAY have had to be reminded he/she said that. :)

And I will admit to being among those who forgot their CC at the bar. Wasn't the tenth time, doubt it'll be the last :lol:

Great seeing everyone though!

Previous